Respected Contributor

Does not look like the kind of "work" area that would prove to be beneficial for getting work done....my "work at home" space was set up like my work space at my office, desk with drawers, computer, monitor, files cabinets, etc.......

Honored Contributor

When I worked from home I had a 23" desktop Mac and many files, I had a full size desk and a table with my printer next to it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono amazing how deceptive pictures can be isn't it? 

Esteemed Contributor

Many of us have worked from home in the evenings, weekends, holidays, etc. This would have worked perfectly for me. I wouldn't have needed files, printer or anything else until returning to my office for a presentation or mailing a contract to a vendor.

I like this entire area, except those drapes (which have nothing to do with working at home) would be replaced! The paint color is relaxing (not busy) and would be easy to focus on whatever was necessary to accomplish. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Pretty though it might be, no one could work efficiently at that desk... As for that room, wow... That blanket or whatever it is needs to do and I don't think I've ever seen so many boxy seating pieces in one space... The pieces themselves aren't so bad, but taken together, it's a miss... Then, there's the rug, which in the right space might be nice but it doesn't work for me here... To me, the room actually has potential but needs serious tweaking and rearranging...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Once again..too many prints going on....the rug and the couches just don’t look right together....  I do like the leather hippo in the first picture.  The desk is pretty...but awfully small.  This just doesn’t  look like a work from home environment. 

Esteemed Contributor

easy enough to work from the couch; do it all the time

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Working From Home

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono The desk seems much to small for any type of work; however, at least by facing the wall, the person who is working will not be looking at that hideous living room.  Those curtains really need to go, and the sofas can go with them.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I work at home.  I have a corner desk next to a straight desk.  I have double monitors.  I can't imagine that teeny tiny desk!

for home I just use my laptop on my lap

Honored Contributor

I WFH. However, as an IT professional I have way more hardware than just a cute little laptop. I will always have a geek office, BUT it is clean & organized!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.