Esteemed Contributor

I have very large windows in our older home. They exceed over 100". Beautiful but how to cover them was a challenge. First, it depends on what room.  In the bedrooms, I did drapery with tie backs and sheers across the the majority of the glass. In the dining room and kitchen I just did the drapery and no sheers. In the living room I did the drapery with the tie backs and a longer valance running between the two sides. I did valences also in the dining room and kitchen.

I'm picky about tie backs so I purchased some with some crystals and beads on satin ropes for the living and dining rooms. In some of the other rooms I purchased the metal or glass decorative ones that screw into the wall. In the spare bedrooms and family rooms I purchased tie backs that matched the drapery.

They have a ton of valances in a variety of lenghts. My friend did that option with her windows. Just the oversized valances.

It all depends on the look you want and your budget. Hope this helps you.   

Respected Contributor

My bedroom window has a huge picture window with a smaller window on both sides so I had a vertical blind custom made at JC Penney.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this one window that is 96" wide, or is it perhaps two or three windows that stretch across the 96" space? If it's the latter and money is an issue at this point, I'd probably get two or three mini blinds cut to fit the windows, e.g. Lowe's, Menard's, etc. Or, check out JC Penney for panels with a long rod. There are a lot of attractive options until the $$ loosens up after purchasing a new home.

Esteemed Contributor

@sweetee2 , I am leaning in this direction.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 , it is one window.  Large pane in the middle with two insets at either end that open.  Middle pane does not open.  LM

Trusted Contributor

i  get all my curtains from jcpenneys.. try them... i just ordered lots of curtains on sale plus i got 30% off.. they have different lengths also.. lots to choose from!

Frequent Contributor

I bought 2 sliding door curtains (I think they're 100 inches wide) and hung those on an extra wide rod over a very large window we have in our family room. I got them on Amazon plus a matching small curtain to cover an additional window in the same room for less than $100. They look great.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom   Like @queendiva  mentioned earlier, look at different window coverings online.  Take into consideration if you need a lot of privacy.

kindness is strength