Honored Contributor

Re: Which LR do you Prefer & Why?

I prefer #1.   My DH and I like to stretch out on the sofa at night.  He watches TV and I read.  That sectional would give us the room we need.

I also prefer the cool gray room to the warm tan and orange.  I am not a fan of warm rooms. Cooler colors are more to my liking.

Room #2 also has an odd furniture arrangement.  Everything is too close and piled in the middle of the room...a no go for me.

Both rooms have way too much furniture, but #1 can be salvaged.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer #1 since it appears more open. #2 is just too crammed together with furniture. It's hard to tell with #1, but I don't think the long sectional sofa is flush to the beautiful doors on the left. It looks like there is a pathway behind the sofa to have access to the French doors.

Esteemed Contributor

#1, it's spacious and inviting, the 2nd one looks crowded and like if no thought went into decorating the space

Respected Contributor

Since these are both the same room, I choose #1.  I like the furniture arrangement & colors more.

Still, I don't like heavy drapes on windows & both rooms to me are congested .. just too much in each room.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of either--way too much  stuff to move around to clean and so much to dust---not into any of those things anymore