Honored Contributor

Which LR do you Prefer & Why?

#1-

Honored Contributor

Re: Which LR do you Prefer & Why?

#2-

Honored Contributor

I prefer #1 because #2 looks like the furniture has been moved together to clean the floors.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I prefer #1 because #2 looks like the furniture has been moved together to clean the floors.

@Imaoldhippie    Exactly what I was ready to post....

Honored Contributor

2 because I see no point in having those beautiful doors leading to the outside blocked by a sofa. I agree the second picture is a little cramped.

Honored Contributor

Neither I like a little color in my living space

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

number one is way too cold for my taste, but nicely done.  number two is way too crammed, although it has a warmer feel because of the touches of gold and pumpkin.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like #1.  The lines are cleaner.  I'd still clean it up more and get rid of the stools and extra chairs because they're extras in a room that doesn't need it.  #2 looks cluttered and I couldn't have family over because they'd never fit in that close space.  

Honored Contributor

What a good challenge, @lolakimono ,  to present the same living room, different arrangements.

Normally, I'm not really partial to large sectionals, but in this particular room, having one eliminates the cluttery, more cramped look of the second photo.

So even though image #2 has a more intimate conversation area, and some individual elements that are interesting, like the colorful pottery, I prefer the cleaner lines and serenity of image #1.  Surprising myself!

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono #2 ----warmer tones