Honored Contributor

Sometimes we purge and have fewer things (what many of us are in quest of), and other times we simply remove one thing and add another. 

I just did the latter.

Picture to follow.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: When purging nets no loss

20180609_123409.jpg

Honored Contributor

Removed an upholstered chair that my mom had been admiring and took it to her house, and bought this yesterday.

Have been on the hunt for a solid wood rocker, big and comfortable, no padding (which is so very popular in rockers right now). Wanted good quality, good price and a certain look. 

All wood rockers are 'out' right now, I've discovered. Even in the Amish furniture stores, many don't carry them. They can get one made, but I won't buy something like this without sitting in it first. 

I wanted something a bit more colonial looking, and there were a few out there, but much smaller scale. This to me is a bit more mission style, but it works. 

I'm sure now that I've committed to one, in a year or so, the stores will be full of more the style I was really wanting. 

It's all good though, because this one will match what was my son's room, it is done more mission style, and it can go up there should I find exactly the one I have dreamed of. 

Honored Contributor

What did yo add?I am having a hard time purging mostly because my DH doesn’t like to get rid of anything.I guess that is why he kept me for the last 44 years.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

What did yo add?I am having a hard time purging mostly because my DH doesn’t like to get rid of anything.I guess that is why he kept me for the last 44 years.

@dex

The picture in the second post of the rocking chair. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio@Is the small wood chair your sons from when he was younger?You are all set with the perfect rocker for the grandchildren one day in the future.I have been looking at rockers now that my son is getting married and hope that someday soon I will have the most special need for that chair.

Honored Contributor

Last fall I put a wooden rocker out on the curb. I didn't want it anymore and I didn't want to try and sell it, with strangers coming in my house .  It was very nice, and gone in less than 15 min. , I hope to a good home . LOL. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio: The new rocking chair makes the room look airy and open. Nice!

You were lucky to find an "indoor" rocking chair.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio You have excellent taste.

Trusted Contributor

Just a tip - If you have a piece of furniture that is meant to be decorative yet is one that usually serves a functional purpose, you should display that piece in an area of your room that makes sense with respect to its function.  In my opinion, that small chair placed behind the large rocking chair facing it's back throws this look off a bit.  The small chair looks like it's been punished.  Also, I would add pads to the rocker, as it looks very stern and dark in a room that is bright and warm.