Honored Contributor

Re: When purging nets no loss

I differ from previous advice and love seeing all the wood. No cushions for me.

Honored Contributor

Love the new chair @Mominohio- no cushions for me either. I like it just the way it is. I also like the small chair behind it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Yes, purging doesn't work unless you stay out of stores.Replacing  what you purge with something new leaves you in a negative bottom line because your room is still full AND you spent money.

Honored Contributor

That rocker looks both comfortable and supportive, @Mominohio

I, for one, like the feel of sturdy slats against my spine.  (Seriously.)

You're so right about choosing something today and fairly soon seeing more and more.  

At first I thought your thread would be about removing things but not seeing a difference.  Like in my house, I had books in double rows, one behind the other (where they'd fit), so when I donated a lot of books to the library, my bookcase didn't look much different!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

No cushions or bulky furniture for me, either. BTW: How can a small chair be "punished"?

I laughed out loud. Then looked at the picture again. The placement works in the room. Don't think your rocker is true Mission; not as heavy and squared. It's a simple rocker next to a table with curved feet. The pieces work well together.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

That rocker looks both comfortable and supportive, @Mominohio

I, for one, like the feel of sturdy slats against my spine.  (Seriously.)

You're so right about choosing something today and fairly soon seeing more and more.  

At first I thought your thread would be about removing things but not seeing a difference.  Like in my house, I had books in double rows, one behind the other (where they'd fit), so when I donated a lot of books to the library, my bookcase didn't look much different!

I recently had to dismantle a bookcase so we could paint and I didn't put the double rows back.  I can tell the difference!

Honored Contributor

Years ago, my teacher daughter took my wooden rocker to her classroom for reading circle.   She learned this week she had to clear her classroom for the summer, and wanted her dad to drive over in his truck to haul the rocker back.    I said goodbye to that chair when it left here, I absolutely do not want it back in my house.   The chair was left at school; if it’s there when she returns in August, fine, but just as fine if it’s taken, or tossed.   

Honored Contributor

Your room looks very nice ,and a calm place to sit and have a cup of tea, i like it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Your rocker looks lovely in that room. I d ont know if I would buy cushions because it looks comfortable. The seat is nice and roomy and I love the flat slats for your back.

Honored Contributor

The new chair looks comfy.