Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your Favorite Style of House?

My favorite is a modern style followed by mid-century modern.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  Pennsylvania fieldstone farmhouse like the Peter Wentz farmhouse in Worcester, PA. Can't afford the restored farmhouses and don't have the money to restore one, but we can dream.

Peter Wentz.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorite is Craftsman.  Lived in one as a child, loved it even then.  This particular house didn't have built in closets, but each room had an Antique Armoire!!  When we were about to move I really wanted to take the red one from my room, but no.  I understood why but still loved that little closet.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I've always loved Victorian style houses and combination of colors.

But, for convenience, I would prefer single story.  

Very tired of stairs.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Georgian

Federal

Saltbox 

Tudor

Esteemed Contributor

I think my favorite style has changed with the years.  I love Victorians with 3 floors and spooky attic windows. Now a nice roomy brick ranch would be my pick. I also love English stone cottages.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite would be the pretty little stone house/cottage we stayed in while in England. There's something about an old stone cottage that's so cozy to me. Second would be a Tudor. 

Honored Contributor

Everything on one level; no stairs.  

Honored Contributor

I have always loved big spacious old Victorian houses.  I love lots of rooms, a library, wrap around porch, fireplaces and Victorian furnishings.  I am a fan of ghost stories and there are many which occur in these type homes.  Love them!!!!  Also to the extreme, I'll take a palace along the lines of Versailles, LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoy many types of architecture. In theory, I've always been drawn to Cape Cods and Saltboxes, but my current reality is a preference for a homey 'cottage' that permit one floor living. Extra points if the cottage is stone or yellow frame. Dormers are another plus, as long as access to a second story isn't required for day to day living. A fireplace and screen-in porch are must haves.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...