Honored Contributor

What is significance of lighted heart with cross inside?

I probably need to provide a picture but here is the story. When we traveled through a certain part of our state in December and January, I kept seeing a lighted decoration. It's a purple heart (or deep blue) with a red cross inside. I'm thinking it's some kind of religious Christmas decoration but I've only seen it in this specific part of the state. I've Googled the meaning and went on Amazon to see where it can be purchased. No luck finding out about this item so I'm hoping someone on these boards can explain the significance.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is significance of lighted heart with cross inside?

I havent seen one, but to me the significance of the decoration is showing the people love Jesus.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

I probably need to provide a picture but here is the story. When we traveled through a certain part of our state in December and January, I kept seeing a lighted decoration. It's a purple heart (or deep blue) with a red cross inside. I'm thinking it's some kind of religious Christmas decoration but I've only seen it in this specific part of the state. I've Googled the meaning and went on Amazon to see where it can be purchased. No luck finding out about this item so I'm hoping someone on these boards can explain the significance.

~~~~~~

@AuntG 

Was it near a hospital? 

So far, I only see vague references to a "Hospital" or "Medical Care."

Did it look like this pic below?

https://img.freepik.com/premium-psd/3d-medical-care-concept-illustration_523487-134.jpg?w=740

Honored Contributor

No @MakeUpMaidn , it was in rural Wisconsin and not close to a hospital. There are a lot of churches on the back roads we were on. What perplexes me is that I can't find the item on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

No @MakeUpMaidn , it was in rural Wisconsin and not close to a hospital. There are a lot of churches on the back roads we were on. What perplexes me is that I can't find the item on Amazon.

~~~~~~~~~~

@AuntG 

Was it a "Cross" (with a longer tail? 

Or was it a "Plus Sign?"   " + "   (with no tail?)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A purple heart means a close bond to something.  With the cross inside, then it would mean a close bond to Jesus and God.

Something like this?

Glitter Antlers on hot pink rustic plaque by markiebuck on Etsy

Honored Contributor

@AuntG Not everytlhing is on Amazon! This may be something crafted as a one time thing.

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn it wasn't the plus sign cross, but the kind you'd see in church. Also, it wasn't limited to one display area. I saw it on a barn, garages and on houses. However, not on a church or on church property.

Respected Contributor

Look for it on Etsy

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Look for it on Etsy

----

Did that too. No luck.