Honored Contributor

Taking down the holiday decor layer by layer.

Every time I walked by Aster's rose hips, I was just in love!

I want to do an arrangement now until spring with the rose hips as the main blossom.  I was thrilled to find Prestige Botanicals is having 30 percent off and they give you the code!

Are you finished with taking down everything? 

I went right back to work,  This is the first year I haven't been finished by about 12/28 or 12/29!  Of course wnen I taught I had the whole week after Christmas off!

Honored Contributor

Re: Calling Oznell 01/04/2023

Oh, getting more mileage out of those rose hips is a good idea, @ECBG !   I love that look, and especially as winter continues...

This year I was rather ready to take things down.  So right now, the only remnants of Christmas around here are:

My Galway crystal hurricane on coffee table, is stuffed with pine sprigs and threaded fairy lights through it, glimmering and winking...

a teeny, tiny nativity figurine-- well, more like holy family, since it's just the 3 of them.  The somewhat larger nativity with all the elements I put away, but I love having a reminder of the Baby and his parents in some form or other...

my four-branched Art Deco glass candlesticks still have

green and white candle tapers in them, a nod to the season.

But am still adding and subtracting a little bit.  Nothing really stays the same for long...

Don't work too hard-- and enjoy the 'pretties' that you come up with as you mull possibilites!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

That sounds soooo pretty.  I always keep out my grandmother's 3 white kneeling angels.

I would love to see a picture of how you do things!

My fav, of course which stays on my antique farm table coffee table is this Lladro angel.  I have LOVED that line since I was quite young!!!

Wonderful Angel Figurine

Honored Contributor

That is exquisite, @ECBG !

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

That is exquisite, @ECBG !

@Oznell @ECBG 

I am going to make a correction (from an old rosarian consultant).  They are rose heps.  I know, I know.  Everybody calls them hips but they are heps.  My rose bushes have them and I allow the birds to eat them.  They need the food in winter.  Birds adore them and they can hide in the brambles and thorns and get away from animals that will get caught up in them while they get away.  I love birds in my rose bushes sans foliage.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday,  never knew that about birds nestling in rose bushes, and evading animal predators.   It is poetic!  For some reason I instantly got a sort of medieval, intricate painting in my mind of a bird amid the thorns...

Must tell hubby who is a total birdophile!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Holy cow!!!!  The rose hips were just delivered!  There is a store or warehouse near here!!!!!