Esteemed Contributor

Re: What are we supposed to do with this?

After seeing my Aunt's fake pumpkins by her door many years ago I bought some. 
  My house is far from the street and they look real. They don't spoil!, aren't heavy. I did the same with artificial tall plants on the lower steps. I had a neighbor ask why mine don't die and hers do! 
  When they cut several Holly trees I moved some of the fake shrubbery from my fence to make it seem less bare. I'll plant real in the Fall. 
  I've used artificial hanging baskets for years due to ants infesting real ones. 
  But I don't like those spheres ! 
   🪴 🎍 🎋 🌲 💐 🌺 🌻

Honored Contributor

I am sort of camping out at the home of friends while the aroma of oil paint pervades my place.  In the corner on a kitchen counter, there's a smallish green circle resting on a white urn.  I like it --  and the upkeep is perfect for my snowbird friends!

I don't know that I would like other colors and right now it doesn't matter.  I am determined to learn to live with what I have for another year at least.

Honored Contributor

Okay, I'm going to defend those silly looking balls of flowers. My neighbor put two of them in a really nice wicker basket on her front porch. While all the neighbor's flowers were wilting in the sun, hers looked really cute. She had white ones for summer and I hope she got the fall colored ones to set out after Labor Day.

Esteemed Contributor

In the garden if you have stones or mulch - balls won't be secure  b/c ground stake is too short.  

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

In the garden if you have stones or mulch - balls won't be secure  b/c ground stake is too short.  

@fthunt 

All stakes that came with other products I purchased were too short.  

Customers leaving reviews complain about it, but evidently vendors and QVC don't think their complaints are important enough to make the stakes longer.   

Honored Contributor

Looks like a FUNGUS to me.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hate to disparage a product someone may love but those balls, in weird colors especially, are one of the worst products I've seen QVC carry.  They bear no resemblence to any living plant and look totally fake.  They are the ultimate tacky plastic product.  The wreaths are just as bad. 

I feel exactly the same. On all counts. I too felt bad calling them "hideous" yesterday (and there, I just did again...) because some people did say they loved them, and I'm always "to each their own" and not meant to sound as patronizing as that did, lol.

But for me...I too thought it was one of the worst offerings for all the reasons you say.

Faux plants are not for me...that said...sometimes, they are not that bad if that is what you like and you are at the point you want easy with a little cheery decor. I understand, having had an elderly mom in assisted living...sometimes there is a time of life these things fit the bill of "low maintanence" that people need but still get to enjoy something that visually cheers them up. So ok.

But I agree...I just didn't understand the garrish, non natural take on these...and while usually things look better on tv with all their lighting...these were clearly plassssstic. 

If you got them I hope you LOVE them. They just weren't for me.

Honored Contributor

I see ones that looked similar to this in more green tones in someone's yard the other day in ornate planters and they actually looked very pretty!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I know---plastic balls of fake flowers that don't look anything like real plants----and for ridiculous prices----and to hear 12 hours of how to use them??? No I didn't watch much----

Respected Contributor

They could be used for lawn bowling....