Honored Contributor

I bought this last night from David.  I do not go to computer after dinner to check reviews but wait until morning.  Some people are not happy at all.  If you have had success, please give me some hints, beyond the usual clean, dry, etc.  DH has a cat when I put a hole in the wall to hang something.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help using Alien Tape

@depglass   I got an order of Alien Tape quite some time ago.  I find it works very well on a hard, smooth surface like finished wood, glass, ceramic tile, metal, plastic.  It doesn't stick well to my walls which are textured drywall.  I'm not sure how it would do if they were smooth drywall or plaster but I'd guess okay. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I bought 3M Command Hooks instead. No holes and can be removed w/o damage. So far I'm loving the Command Hooks.

Honored Contributor

I use the Command Hooks too.  I use a large one on my glass storm door to hold a wreath.  It'll last 3-4 years before it falls off.  I tried to use some on unfinished drywall in my garage and they didn't stick well. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624    Thanks for the info.    I see their commercials....but I, too, have textured drywall.....and the exterior stucco is REALLY bumpy and swirly.    You just saved me $$$.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It's usually found at Home Improvement stores where they have a section "what's on tV" or something similar to that.

I have an entire roll, put my baraometer on the living room wall and 2 wks later it fell to the floor.

Not a fan

nor am I fan of the FLEX TAPE, I had some holes in my hose, wrapped the tape around and right now, the tape is unraveling and the hose is still leaking.   I did use the flex seal, brush on, that seems to work but it's a product that you should have your eyes and nose and mouth protected, it has a very strong smell and should be also used in well ventilated areas.