Honored Contributor

A piece of sculpture.  They have inexpensive resin pieces at places like Hobby Lobby and home stores.  I got a horse head at Zulily I put on a stand.  I see sail boats that would be suitable... depends on your interests. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@NickNack

Don't you have a nice piece of Polish Stoneware to put on it? Or maybe a large bowl and pitcher like a washstand.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@NickNack

Don't you have a nice piece of Polish Stoneware to put on it? Or maybe a large bowl and pitcher like a washstand.

@froggy  No, I really don't.  It would be nice if I could come up with something that I already had to use there though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

A plate holder, there are many kinds, and you can buy any type at the dollar store, and instead of using it to hold a plate, you can place a photo on it to display, or a framed picture you might have, or a book you like, and you can interchange what you use the plate holder for at anytime.

Honored Contributor

I have a similar stand like yours that I used for a plant at one time. Now I have my gemstone globe on it. @NickNack

images.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Can I Put On This?

[ Edited ]

The urn should be able to stand alone on the metal stand. Once I spray painted a few styrofoam balls different colors and stack them on the opening of an urn. Since your area isn't formal, it should be fine.

How about a tray with different colored styrofoam balls on the metal stand?

Valued Contributor

If you fear having an item on the stand that could fall & break, try holding it in place with "earthquake putty".  Works pretty well.  Won't help if a child or animal knocks over the whole stand!

What about a sturdy vase with some stems or branches inside?  A small battery light tucked behind the vase could throw some nice shadows on the wall above, and give you a stronger visual break between rooms.

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I had a stand about the same size but mine was glass and chrome.  I displayed an egg shaped terrarium  on it.  The bottom of it had a design in colored sand and then dirt and a sebum on top.  The terrariums are back in style so I would either shop for one or make my own. 

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

...Edited to say:  This is in my living room.  It's a casual living room.  It's actually in the space between my living room and dining table area.

IMG_0191.JPG

Love your style and everything in this area, @NickNack.

How about a French Bulldog figurine?  Woman Wink

Websites I would also check out:

* Pier 1

* Overstock (for their fair trade Worldstock items)

* Novica

* World Market

* Etsy

Honored Contributor

Image result for World Globes GiftThis would be appropriate for a "casual" room.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~