Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Can I Put On This?

[ Edited ]

a017eb6dd80b8027f1b0a2e78fc78602.jpgI would put a pretty lantern with some trailing ivy on it with a flameless candle inside ......

Super Contributor

Just a thought... exchange the black stand for a deep woven basket with an afghan folded inside.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

a017eb6dd80b8027f1b0a2e78fc78602.jpgI would put a pretty lantern with some trailing ivy on it with a flameless candle inside ......

@Nataliesgramma  This is a good suggestion.  My sister suggested a lantern yesterday.  I've been looking at the ones at Pottery Barn.  I like the idea of putting the urn in something with trailing ivy.  Where did you find this picture?  I'm wondering if it's for sale this way.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am sure you already have something.  Shop around other rooms! 

Very interesting the way you have the larger bowl on top of the smaller (green?) bowl.  I never would have thought to do something like that!

You just don't want something that looks top heavy.  Althought that last lantern looks nice, it seems like the scale is too big for that stand.

Do you have a small tray and a few pillar candles?  The flickering light would give a nice ambiance and perhaps make the lizard appear to *move/dart*.

Honored Contributor

Gnome

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You have a lizard on the wall,the item you have is southwest style, so go with that them, also how about a glass vase ,a tall one with limbs from a tree in it?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack I found the idea on Pinterest.....

Lanterns are so popular here in decorating and I look to Pinterest for ways to display mine for each season

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

As it seems you enjoy nature:

A large rough (or polished) piece of gemstone; they have metaphysical properties that enhance your environment.

For example:

Amethyst -   emotional and spiritual healing

Rose quartz - love and compassion

Lapus lazuli -  enhances intuition 

Black onyx -  repels negative energy

Green aventurine - attracts prosperity

Amazon, Etsy, other online vendors, plus B&M stores.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I am sure you already have something.  Shop around other rooms! 

Very interesting the way you have the larger bowl on top of the smaller (green?) bowl.  I never would have thought to do something like that!

You just don't want something that looks top heavy.  Althought that last lantern looks nice, it seems like the scale is too big for that stand.

Do you have a small tray and a few pillar candles?  The flickering light would give a nice ambiance and perhaps make the lizard appear to *move/dart*.

@Lucky Charm  The red and green bowl is just one piece.  I am going to lunch with my sister on Monday, and we're going to go shopping and look for something to go on the stand.  I've looked around the house and just can't come up with anything.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I just wanted to come back and share what I finally got to put on the stand.  I'm very pleased with it.  In case you can't tell what it is, it's a wooden lantern with a candle in the middle.  I need to move the lizard about an inch to the right, but I think it will still work there.

IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0211.JPG

-Henry David Thoreau