Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill what happened to quality?

probably made in China  Smiley Sad and i do not order her things due to the high cost!! i can find just as nice in the stores or another site.

Honored Contributor

Not of fan of her stuff either--most of it is way too sweet and frou frou for me--would never in a million years decorate with most of that stuff---have a few Xmas things from years ago that are ok--but not into all the glitz --just not my cup of tea. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought many of her items, in the past, none this last Christmas season.
Many of us asked for less glitter, less child-like decor items/more on the elegant side, but from what little I watched, it's still the same.
I don't need any more holiday decor anyway, so it doesn't matter to me anymore. I can only guess that people are still buying.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

@Nadine O wrote:

I really think that Lisa Robertson and Jill Bauer pushed Valerie to get things of better quality and things that weren't so run of the mill or attainable at other stores.  I really like her as a person.  She seems so lovely, but I agree that her things are not as they used to be.  

Whether it's true that Lisa or Jill had some influence on her choices is something we don't know for sure.

However, (and please don't jump on me), I noticed that when Lisa R. travels to stock up on Christmas decor for her business, she travels to Europe rather than China.  I've never purchased from either, so I can't vouch for the quality of either, but Lisa's "looks" more sophisticated and well made.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Super Contributor

I am not a shopper of VPH as her style isn't mine and the cutesy, shiny and sparkly things wouldn't have a place in my home. It seems that once they started giving her endless hours, her company likely had to acquire a lot more product and perhaps that affects the quality of what is chosen (quantity over quality). I also can't believe her exaggerated head tilting and soft voice come ons...just too artificial for me to sit though an hour. 

Contributor

A friend of mine posted this week on her fb page asking what constitutes “ her collection”. She responded kindly and a few hours later my friends comments were gone and she was blocked from the page. I have a screen shot that she took before they were removed. “Valerie’s” response was this ... “ we work directly with the manufacturers when we design the items in our collection. The manufacturer then produces the items for our collection. We do travel to trade shows to find new trends and design ideas....”. Then my friend posted “ But the set of 4 Christmas ornaments I ordered last year that had NM on the back of the train was on their (Neiman Marcus’) website as their own.”

VPH or whoever came back with “ we work with artists when we design our collection. Sometimes those artists work with others manufactures and brands.”

Trusted Contributor

She got greedy and switched vendors/factory? Made in China...enough said.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

i had a 5ft. slim christmas tree from valerie. just loved it. the color palette was beautiful. i keep my tree up year round. a week or so after the holiday the lights on the  top half of the tree stopped working. it was supposed to have a 5 year warranty according to the qvc website and listing. qvc wouldn't take it back. the tree company that makes the tree for valerie told me it only had a 2 year warranty and it was almost up. they refused to replace the tree. had me ship it back to them to repair the lights. which was no easy feat. said it would take 8 or more weeks. i'm worried when they do the top half, it won't match rest of lights.i know this isn't the christmas season but this whole situation has been frustrating to say the least. 

Valued Contributor

@tarytoo wrote:

i had a 5ft. slim christmas tree from valerie. just loved it. the color palette was beautiful. i keep my tree up year round. a week or so after the holiday the lights on the  top half of the tree stopped working. it was supposed to have a 5 year warranty according to the qvc website and listing. qvc wouldn't take it back. the tree company that makes the tree for valerie told me it only had a 2 year warranty and it was almost up. they refused to replace the tree. had me ship it back to them to repair the lights. which was no easy feat. said it would take 8 or more weeks. i'm worried when they do the top half, it won't match rest of lights.i know this isn't the christmas season but this whole situation has been frustrating to say the least. 

The top half lost the electrical connection.  It happened to me when I moved my tree around.  Have you tried twisting the top around or lifting it up then back in place?  It worked for me again after twisting it around a bit.

Respected Contributor

What quality!

It has always been hit or miss and whether or not you really like the item and would keep it.