Respected Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill what happened to quality?

The quality from Bethlehem Lights has deteoriated much more than Valeries line in my opinion to the point where they have lost me as a customer.

New Contributor

I'm disappointed in the quality of Valerie's recent items as well as her false advertising. Her  "Frosted Glass Poinsettia Spheres" were advertised as being made of glass. I was disappointed to find that they are made of plastic. She acts like she's such a prim and proper Christian lady and then misleads people with untruthful descriptions of the items bearing her name.

I stopped watching her shows because practically everything she sells is made in China. I would like QVC to get another home decorator who would offer products made in the USA. I'd like to support the citizens of our country instead of the Chinese economy. One things for certain, Valerie is a very shrewd business woman. She manufactures her items in China where she can take advantage of the cheap labor and then ships everything to the states and sells it on QVC for over double the price. 

Occasional Contributor

Foxxee u r so right. Majority of QVC’s products r MADE IN CHINA. That’s why I stopped buying through QVC so much. I’m done with China made products. Only buy. MADE IN USA
Honored Contributor

@DewDrop wrote:

I'm disappointed in the quality of Valerie's recent items as well as her false advertising. Her  "Frosted Glass Poinsettia Spheres" were advertised as being made of glass. I was disappointed to find that they are made of plastic. She acts like she's such a prim and proper Christian lady and then misleads people with untruthful descriptions of the items bearing her name.

I stopped watching her shows because practically everything she sells is made in China. I would like QVC to get another home decorator who would offer products made in the USA. I'd like to support the citizens of our country instead of the Chinese economy. One things for certain, Valerie is a very shrewd business woman. She manufactures her items in China where she can take advantage of the cheap labor and then ships everything to the states and sells it on QVC for over double the price. 

@DewDrop  Most all QVC products are made in China and have been for years. Our factories and mills in my area shut down many years ago and have been turned into condos. Can't manufacture in this country unless there are factories, people wanting to work in them, etc,etc,etc.

Honored Contributor

@Daffodill60 wrote:
Foxxee u r so right. Majority of QVC’s products r MADE IN CHINA. That’s why I stopped buying through QVC so much. I’m done with China made products. Only buy. MADE IN USA

@Daffodill60    Guess you're not planning on doing much buying.  Hope your cell phone, computer and refrigerator don't go out.

This is an old thread. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This thread started on 1/16/2020!  It seems some things never change.  lol

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  You should Google it.

Honored Contributor

Like some other companies, cutting back on the quality items used to make the product and charging more.  Believe me, people catch on and go elsewhere.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Very disappointed that so many vendors on the Q continue to do business with China. I've noticed QVC has become sneaky often listing the item as "imported" in the product description rather than from China. (Obviously done because so many are boycotting Chinese goods as a result of the Wuhan Virus.)
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:
Very disappointed that so many vendors on the Q continue to do business with China. I've noticed QVC has become sneaky often listing the item as "imported" in the product description rather than from China. (Obviously done because so many are boycotting Chinese goods as a result of the Wuhan Virus.)

Sneaky? QVC has been listing products as "imported" for many years. Why do you watch and purchase from here? You obviously dislike just about everything (and most hosts) on here. 
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky