Honored Contributor

Re: Valerie Parr Hill what happened to quality?

Nothing I have ever purchased from QVC that had illumination...(Bethlehem Lights tabletop tree, Candle Impressions glass vase with flameless taper, or Valerie lighted spring stems);has worked past the 30 day return time limit.
I don’t return. I simply never, ever order anything that has any working parts or requires batteries. The quality is just too poor.
Honored Contributor

Sad to say, I took a chance on the recent clock.  

The face is plastic and the metal is extremely lightweight, while the clock is set into the base at an angle, not upright.  The line is no longer trustworthy, if it ever was.

Antiqued Finish Tabletop Clock by Valerie - H222175

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Wobin wrote:

I have several things in my home from Valerie Parr Hill including a lamp, her wire chicken coops and some Christmas items.  This fall I purchased H213106 Set of 3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Christmas Trees which were so cute.  I gave them away to friends and decided to order a set for myself.  The first replacement set had to be returned because 2 of the lighted trees didn't work.  I received the 2nd replacement set today and it seemed obvious by all the tape on the box this was a set that had been returned.  I put in fresh batteries and 1 of the trees didn't work.  So annoying to have to return again and hope the next set will work.  I put a note inside marking the defective light in hopes they won't send this set out to someone else.  How many times will QVC keep sending out faulty items?

@Wobin 

I would share your story on her Facebook Page.....She usually responds to comments.... And Id call QVC to make sure you didnt get charged for return postage since this was someone else's return....

I did this regarding the issue with the wall gates (went through 3 orders of 2 each; ALL 6 were obviously defective and came from the factory that way). What happened? She (or whomever handles her FB page) REMOVED my post BOTH times I posted it. Same thing happened on the QVC review section; they were up for 24 hours and then "poof". 

That tells you quite a bit.

@SahmIam 

WOW that's surprising that your comments were deleted from her FB Page.....and she took no action on the poor quality items.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After many purchases over the years, I've had only 3 items that were defective/poor quality....Im picky on what I buy .

The first defective item was a sisal rabbit....an ear came off during shipment...and I glued it back on with Arleen's Glue and it has stayed on and Ive had that bunny for a long time....It came in a set of two, and the other critter was a chicken, his leg came off and I glued that back on....

One of the WORST was a flameless candle with frosted glass and inspirational words----you could see someone's thumb print permanently engraved in the frosted glass....and there were other flaws in the writing of the words too....just sloppily done so back the candles went....

Another disappointment was a Christmas ornament set that lighted up, Just looked like some cheap chintzy junk..I could find better at the Dollar Store.....The ornaments had frosted see through glitter .....chunks of glitter was missing on some parts of the ornaments and there was CHUNKS of glue on all the ornaments....just overall poor quality piece....the WORST purchase I made...back that went....

I wonder if the problem is that there's too many Vendors using these SAME companies to manufacturer goods, so they are in a rush to complete orders and quality control goes by the wayside....

Overall I had good luck with Valerie's things... I have a set of beautiful angels where the mosaic wings light up....so many of these were returned because of problems with the wings...but mine are perfect.  Ive been happy with her florals and her wreaths and garlands too....Cardinals, pedestals, and candle rings that I purchased from her have been very nice....But her prices keep creeping up in cost and like many have said....I can find equivalent at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Marshalls, Tuesday Morning, Pier1 and Kirklands........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I really think that Lisa Robertson and Jill Bauer pushed Valerie to get things of better quality and things that weren't so run of the mill or attainable at other stores.  I really like her as a person.  She seems so lovely, but I agree that her things are not as they used to be.  

Frequent Contributor

I have never owned a piece of VPH's collection(s). I saw a previously recorded show today and am /was tempted with the hammered glass jars with candles. Reviews are good with the exception of her included flameless candle. I think, based on opinions here, I will go to Home Goods or At Home and see if I can find something thats similar. Thanks
Contributor

I have a lot of VPH things and a handful are some of my favorite Easter, Harvest and Christmas things. I really like her so much. That being said, I have found just about every single Gingerbread item of “hers” on sites that sell Raz. That’s the brand. The set of 4 glass Christmas ornaments with the train that had NM on the back (which one reviewer stated “ how could someone do that to Valerie?” 😳) wee Neiman Marcus and found on their site. An area rug I found for $200 less. Her lighted Easter egg tree I found online for 1/3 less. The throw pillows she sold on her Christmas comforter (Jingle All The Way) I found on Home Depot online for about $10 less. And what bothers me Mist is Cathy Smith will say every single time she’s on that Valerie “ added this or selected this fabric” etc. David V said it the other day about what her team designs for us. It’s false advertising imho and it’s really difficult to think VPH would allow that misleading statement to continue. I seriously have every Easter, autumn and Christmas item I will ever need and as of the recent Easter items, I’m done too. All one has to do is look under VPH as is, and you’ll see just how many items are returned.
Trusted Contributor

The outlets are overflowing with her "stuff".

Esteemed Contributor

I check Hobby Lobby first because they have the same things and they are cheaper....

I am careful what I buy from her because I have been disappointed in the quality before.

Contributor

I absolutely believe you! When I posted several months ago ( during chat in a live show) that her items are available other places, not only were my vomnents removed but I was Banned! I’d been on there for years, answered questions for people and ousted item#s people couldn’t find. You can usually tell when some other person is posting For her by what they say, or they’ll just click a bunch of likes. Twice this week I could tell it was someone else because when someone stated the TSV previous version was damaged a second time and that she didn’t even take it out of the box, the person called her on that in a way Valerie would not. Also done wanted her to “make it” as a plug in because of the cost of so many batteries, and the person fired back “ you can always buy rechargeable batteries.” If I were Valerie, I would Not let anyone else oust under my name! Btw, I am back on the page, they just don’t know it.