Frequent Contributor

Has anyone received the VPH Hydrangea and Magnolia Wreath and the Candle Rings yet?  If so, what do you think of them? I’m so disappointed and I’m returning for full refund. I consider them damaged or defective. The leaves are so firmly creased they can’t be smoothed out. The magnolia petals are all bent and creased. I thought about using my iron on a low setting to smooth out but so much is plastic I’m afraid I’ll accidentally melt something. Plus I shouldn’t have to do that. The presentation that started this AD of the four seasons of hydrangea-magnolia wreaths showed the Christmas wreath and it was full and just beautiful. With that in mind I received each wreath and they were fine especially the Spring season. The summer one was pretty skimpy but ok.  I have my fall one out now along with the candle rings and I’m very happy with them. I was still anticipating that Christmas wreath but boy what a  disappointment!  I haven’t seen anything mentioned about the wreaths or rings, unless I missed it.  Any thoughts? 

Respected Contributor

I actually delayed that shipment until next month and now based on your review @Loves Purple I may just cancel that auto-delivery...previous shipments have been okay except the last one where the pinecones and pumpkins kept falling off the wreath.  I think Valerie should have used smaller pinecones and pumpkins!

Frequent Contributor

I hope to hear from others who have received their wreaths.  Maybe I just got a damaged one. 

It’s annoying to not be able to get reviews on sold out items. Maybe we’ll get some reviews from others so you can make a more informed decision. 

Respected Contributor

I agree @Loves Purple it would be helpful to hear from others...this will probably be the last time I do the auto-delivery on the wreaths.  On a good note I really liked the candle holders!

Regular Contributor

I ordered all 3 pieces at the beginning. I sent back the garland, as I didn't use it. When the 2nd set came, the wreath was 2" smaller that the 1st one, and had plastic ferns. I sent back the rings and the garland. I canceled the garlands. The 3rd wreath I may send back as it is very skimpy, and the magnolia edges are all frayed. The rings do not have any magnolias. I have canceled the rest of the program. I think Valerie's products have gone down hill, and the prices are too high. Wait until the tariffs begin in Jan. All this stuff will go up in price. I think you can find most of this in the craft stores, or Home Goods etc. The return shipping is just too much! I will be very, very selective in the future.

Occasional Visitor

This is my first post.  Just needed to share my experience. I have had auto delivery on wreaths/garlands over many years and have had wonderful results.  I, too, was on the AD for the current year for the wreaths/garlands.  I received the Spring selection, cancelled the Summer since I decided to use the Spring items and received the Fall selection.  I was happy with both purchases.  I received the Christmas AD a few days ago and I could not believe these were from Valerie.  Absolutely terrible.  The red berries were broken; the leaves/flowers looked plastic and were bent.  Valerie's items have always been lush and full, very realistic looking, these were not.  Terribly disappointed.  I have put them both in the mail for return.   I have been ordering items from QVC for a very long time and especially from Valerie.  This has made me think twice about ordering anymore wreaths/garlands.  Fortunately, I have others from previous years that I will use for the current season.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting MomLilac. I was also shocked at the poor quality of the wreath. I have many VPH items that I’ve purchased through the years (including wreaths and garlands) that I love, but this wreath was just pitiful. I sent the wreath back for full refund since it’s too damaged to use but I’m keeping the candle rings. The leaves were just fine and not all folded and creased up like the wreath. I love watching VPH and her decorations on the set but I’m through buying. I’m disappointed not hearing reviews from others here on the forums.  Good or bad. 

Honored Contributor

@Loves Purple @MomLilac

I got the auto delivery on the Magnolia wreaths.....The wreaths I got for spring/summer were nice and very full (guess I was lucky).....But I got tired of Magnolias and canceled my order and bought the Fall Plow & Hearth wreath which is just goregeous and nice and full, has nice fall ornaments--leaves, pumpkins, pinecones and CHEAPER too...I see Its sold out.....

I was looking forward to a new Christmas Wreath...but havent been thrilled with Valerie's selection---tired of Magnolias, wasnt impressed with her Berry Wreath, others looked skimpy......

In the past she added extra elements----watering can and seed packets for spring, red wagon and picket fence for summer, wheel barrow for fall, sled, skates and snowman for Christmas.....More creativity went into her wreaths in the past---

Ill check locally......so I can see the wreaths in person

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Loves Purple @MomLilac

I got the auto delivery on the Magnolia wreaths.....The wreaths I got for spring/summer were nice and very full (guess I was lucky).....But I got tired of Magnolias and canceled my order and bought the Fall Plow & Hearth wreath which is just goregeous and nice and full, has nice fall ornaments--leaves, pumpkins, pinecones and CHEAPER too...I see Its sold out.....

I was looking forward to a new Christmas Wreath...but havent been thrilled with Valerie's selection---tired of Magnolias, wasnt impressed with her Berry Wreath, others looked skimpy......

In the past she added extra elements----watering can and seed packets for spring, red wagon and picket and fence for summer, wheel barrow for fall, sled, skates and snowman for Christmas.....More creativity went into her wreaths in the past---

Ill check locally......so I can see the wreaths in person

@Spurt  Valerie may bring new wreaths in her last shows this week.