Honored Contributor

Re: Trading Spaces will return in 2018!

The redhead (Lauire Smith I think?) usually seemed to do a good job as did Genevieve Gorder. I'll give it a watch and see how it is.

Sarah Richardson is also doing a couple of new shows for HGTV Canada that she's trying to find a TV home for here in the States, so with any luck we'll be seeing her on TV again in the not too distant future. Sarah and Candace Olsen were my two favorite HGTV designers, but HGTV in the US seems to have given up on them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

I had my favorite designers - Genevieve, Frank (till he went all roosters, pickert fences and Americana on us), and Laurie and can't remember the name of the woman who ordered enough sticky wine labels to wallpaper the kitchen (how hard must that have been to remove), etc.   However, Hildy was too over the top for me.  I did love SOME of Doug Wilson's stuff but at some point they seemed to try to outdo each other to see who would go more ridiculous.   

I'm hoping that enough years have gone by that each will not try to outdo weird in each of the homes.  

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember the British version of the show. I can't remember its name, but I liked it better than Trading Spaces.  I'd like to see that one come back.  Everyone was gobsmacked!

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The redhead (Lauire Smith I think?) usually seemed to do a good job as did Genevieve Gorder. I'll give it a watch and see how it is.

Sarah Richardson is also doing a couple of new shows for HGTV Canada that she's trying to find a TV home for here in the States, so with any luck we'll be seeing her on TV again in the not too distant future. Sarah and Candace Olsen were my two favorite HGTV designers, but HGTV in the US seems to have given up on them.

I always loved Sarah Richardson- she has a great sense of style and shows/features things in a variety of price points.  I love when she scouts consignment shops!!