Honored Contributor

Re: Trading Spaces will return in 2018!

I remember Doug painting somebody's beautiful, elaborate woodwork black.  I cried and it wasn't even my house.  I bet the show had fun putting that one back to its original condition. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I always liked Vern Yipp's ideas. Classic and with thought to the homeowners. I think he was on HSN for awhile. 

Thanks for letting us know it's coming back.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I hope the new version will feature projects that viewers could actually be inspired by instead of gluing straw to the wall.

Some of those homes were a mess. I still miss shows like Design on a Dime.

There was also a show where they used a expensive, designer inspired  room and replicated it for a fraction of the cost. Those are shows they should bring back.

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I always liked Vern Yipp's ideas. Classic and with thought to the homeowners. I think he was on HSN for awhile. 

Thanks for letting us know it's coming back.

@MoJoV  I always thought of Vern as being the only genuine, bona-fide designer in the group.  He was so much better than the rest, he seemed out of place. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I will never forget on this one episode where the designer thought it would be really retro to screw full size records over every inch of the front room.  The home owners reaction was priceless.

Good times. Good tv.

Trusted Contributor

The big thing was watching the homeowners reaction. You could tell when they weren't happy. Some even cried. What I read here reminded me of the crazy things they did. It was almost insulting what they did to some homes and homeowners. 

Valued Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

The big thing was watching the homeowners reaction. You could tell when they weren't happy. Some even cried. What I read here reminded me of the crazy things they did. It was almost insulting what they did to some homes and homeowners. 

That's kind of the whole point. It's tv.  If you want a personal result that resembles your tastes and wishes, use a decorator.  If you want it for free....sign up for Trading Spaces.

Valued Contributor

@LonestarBabs

I hope you'll post the premiere date, if you see it. I would love to check it out and hope they do some good decorating.

Respected Contributor

I have to agree with PP I think the show ran its course.

Toward the end it was sad and painful to see the damage they did to people's home for shock value.

Honored Contributor

Trading Space Cast