Honored Contributor

Re: Too Much Pattern, You Say...

@DREAMON  Agree with you on the dining wallpaper and the curtain divider which just seems pointless, unnecessary and adds a layer of fabric that didn't need to be added... I too love a fireplace and it looks like both rooms have them... I like the dining room chairs too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Much to much of a good thing.  That room could bring on a migrane if you aren't subject to migraine headaches.

Super Contributor

My first reaction was to start laughing! No Dramamine needed, but these rooms are way too busy, with too much stuff.

Honored Contributor

Agree on the dining room wallpaper, @stevieb -- it's that "bridge too far" for me, ha.

In that particular dining room, I find the shaded pendant light also a bit too frou frou-- would prefer a metal chandelier or perhaps a hanging lantern.

Still like the sitting room!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I see is a lack of imagination, a lack of thought, and a severe attempt at conformity.  Whether that is what they intended, that's what I see.

It makes me wonder what they actually wanted to accomplish.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I have seen the first picture in another thread.  These two rooms would drive me crazy with all the blue and frilly looks -- too busy for me.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I love blue and white, and enjoyed seeing the DR included in the second photo. The one thing I didn't like in the original LR photo was the drapery. I agree with the comment made that I'd rather have the plain "divider drapes" that are shown in the DR photo. That would be calmer to my old eyes! The wall covering in the dining room is not something I'd choose to go with the blue/white color scheme. Thanks for posting the 2nd photo....it's nice to see another perspective! Would love to be living in this beautiful home!

Honored Contributor

I can "see" all of it.  Very well done.  I would take out the drapes from the dinning room to the great room.  They'd be impossible to keep clean.

Honored Contributor

I like both rooms but would make some changes in the style furniture.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Agree on the dining room wallpaper, @stevieb -- it's that "bridge too far" for me, ha.

In that particular dining room, I find the shaded pendant light also a bit too frou frou-- would prefer a metal chandelier or perhaps a hanging lantern.

Still like the sitting room!

@Oznell  I'm thinking that with the divider drape and wallpaper gone, I'm good with the light fixture though I too might have chosen something else... I do not get that divider... Not to harp on it, but it just makes no sense to me... The drapes, themselves, are great looking, but I can't imagine ever closing them and if some sort of visual divider was desired between the two rooms, something else would have been preferable... I also think he should have stopped with the floral centerpiece and not added all the small vases around the table... I like the two spaces but think he might have benefitted from a bit more restraint...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...