Honored Contributor

Too Much Pattern, You Say...

[ Edited ]

Though a few of us thought it a pretty room, some of you found the amount of pattern in the recently posted living room, below, overwhelming... Just wanted you to see it juxtaposed along side the adjoining dining room... Hope no one needs a Dramamine...

Woman Surprised

Personally, I think they're pretty rooms, but would have skipped the dining room wallpaper...

Woman Happy

blueliving.jpg

2-Mark_D_Sikes_Beverly_Hills_1.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Too Much Pattern, You Say...

I think they are very pretty rooms minus the dining room wallpaper, drapes between the rooms, and print lamp shade in the living room. I like the hanging lamp in the dining room.

I would like to see the room divider drapes replacing the print drapes in the living room....if I lived there.

I love the dining room chairs..fireplace looks like it is very pretty too. I always wanted a fireplace in my dining room but never had one.

Trusted Contributor

They are pretty rooms, too much blue, and patterns for my liking though.

No dramamine needed but i appreciate the humor Woman LOL

⚓️
Honored Contributor

Too much for the eyes to take in.  All I see is "busy."  The photo of the DR looking into the LR says it all. 

The focal point in the LR, the fireplace, has been given a back seat with nondescript furniture and accessories overwhelmed by patterns.  The fireplace blends into the wall.  

I like to see each piece of furniture and accessory have a personality of its own, but doesn't conflict with one another.  Nothing here has a personality.  

I don't see a dark DR table, the table and chairs usually the focal point, fitting in this room and color scheme. 

These rooms fail = F.

Esteemed Contributor

Pass the whole bottle of Dramamine please!  I am a blue fan but it looks to me that someone took a color swatch of blue and bought every patterned piece they could find.  The purple flowers in the dining room tabe just about did me in.   The are some beautiful pieces that I would enjoy having but all together it looks terrible IMO.  Just imagine sitting in the dining room with that wall paper and looking into the living room Smiley Frustrated  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although blue and white are my favorite colors, and I do love some of the patterns, there are just too many for my liking.  JMHO

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

It is a pretty room, but busy, so your eye can't focus on any one thing. Less is more in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I don't like the sofa and chair in the living room 'cause I don't like sofas on legs and that chair is just ugly and not inviting to sit it.

The teal color on the chairs in the dining room needs to go too--it clashes.  Other than that, I don't hate any of it. 

Honored Contributor

Wow @Foxxee, your opinion is, of course, as valid as any, but that's harsh!

Woman LOL

I like both rooms and don't find anything nondescript about them, though I'd certainly make a few changes...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like both rooms.