Respected Contributor

Sorry for so many decorating questions lately. 

I'm tempted by the TSV. I'd like to get one, would probably put it in the living room. But then I wonder about getting two for my dining room table with maybe a bowl in between. But then I think I should stick with Valerie's cheaper hurricanes that aired yesterday, probably the pearl although I love the salmon:

Mosaic vine cylinder

With Valerie's, I may change up the dining room table seasonally.  But if I got the Waterford, they'd probably stay out all year except for Christmas.  Which do you think go better in my dining room?   Would the Waterford be too elegant and out of place?

IMG_4464.JPG

Honored Contributor

It's obviously your choice, but I don't think the Waterford TSV would be out of place at all.  Because it's a clear vase, it's going to go with anything and everything.  And if you want to change things up for each season, there's no reason why the Waterford vase(s) couldn't have a seasonal wreath around the bottom, for instance.

Love your dining table, by the way.

Valued Contributor

The Valerie hurricane lamps are pretty too- a very different style from the Waterford TSV. Being of Irish heritage, I did get the TSV I think it is really elegant.  But the costs really go up if you are thinking of two. I guess I favor the clear glass, but then  I have not seen Valerie's presentation.  Her hurricanes are probably lovely too when lit.

Honored Contributor

Just s different opinion, there is something I don't care for about the TSV. The proportions of the Waterford top to the base seem off. JMO.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't think Irish crystal is ever out of place. I would just do one tsv on the table. If the sill in the window is deep enough you could also display it there. I love the idea of a Luminara candle in that tsv.

My Mom has two Galway crystal hurricane lamps that she got from QVC years ago, they are so beautiful. Too bad they no longer sell it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I'd go for the TSV! On my screen, looks like you've go green in your dining room - the base on the TSV would be perfect.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV?

[ Edited ]

Have to quickly reply to all of you.  No green in the dining roo.   Walls are grey.  Then there are shades of ivory/cream, taupe and grey in the chairs and drapes.  Some sculptural metal art on the wall.  Light fixture is bronzeish.  Be back later!   Just got back from Dr appt now going to eat -haven't eaten all day and I'm starving.  

Honored Contributor

No thank you.  Too old fashioned. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I can't take my eyes off your light fixture.  Awesome!

Myself, I'd spend the money on the TSV rather than the ones by VPH.

I just wonder if it's substantial enough on its own for your large dinning table. I'd

try to put some cut flowers in it and see how that looks. Many ways to change it up for the seasons.  Good luck with your decision.

Respected Contributor

“Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.”

--Coco Chanel

This is advice to live by in my book.   I don't think your room needs any more 'jewelry.'   If that were my dining room, I'd clear the table altogether and let its beauty shine.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.