Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom get the tsv...it is stunning......get 2 if you can afford it as your table is a big piece!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom

I saw Valerie's hurricans yesterday and it's really hard to compare them to today's Waterford piece.   I didn't care for the hurricanes at all: they looked rather World Market to me and were over priced - at least in my book. 

I'm one to look for elegant, simply lines vice frou-frou, so did purchase today's Waterford piece. 

(The light fixture in your photo is AWESOME!)

Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV?

[ Edited ]

I think the Waterford would look stunning on your table.  It might be exquisite by itself on the table without the runner....just glowing crystal and warm parquet wood of the table...for me simplicity is perfection.    I think this lighting is appropriate anywhere...timeless.  I have a carved wood table at the end of the living room sofa and this lamp would be a beauty there or even for a bit of glowing softness in the bedroom and can you imagine it in a bathroom.  I favor faux candles when used inside a hurricane as the tea lights are a mess.  Does QVC sell a size that would fit?

Respected Contributor
Thank you all for the additional input. I cancelled my order for Valerie's mosaic hurricanes. I sometimes get caught up in her show and end up with items I don't really use.

I have two of the Waterford hurricanes on check hold while I decide. I've put money into that room - reupholstered the chairs, new drapes, new floor, new fixture, etc. that I don't want to detract from that with inexpensive looking decor. I don't mind splurging on the Waterford if it'll look good because I'll have them forever.

My original looking very traditional dining room now looks updated, more modern/contemporary with the light fixture and metal wall art, but still with traditional furniture. So I want to make sure the Waterford will fit in. To me, the Waterford is classic but the shape is more modern.

I also think I need two, one on each end, rather than one in the middle right under the fixture which hangs low due to my low ceiling. I don't want a busy table but it looks a little empty with nothing on it.

Forgive me as I try to talk myself in or out of them. I sometimes get caught up in the whole sales pitch thing and have to question my purchases.
Valued Contributor

Let us know what you think when you get your Waterford hurricane lamps.  I love mine.  Your dining room table is just beautiful. What a great space for entertaining.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how I missed this thread last week, but I seem to have that happening a lot lately!

I took a long hard look at the TSV for myself as well. I cannot say I loved it, so I passed. 

I think Waterford is timeless and fits with so many styles. My problem was the shape of the crystal. It was just so straight and geometric and modern to me. I would have jumped on it had they made the Waterford part of it in a hurricane shape or more of a ginger jar kind of shape. It needed some curved lines to it, and a more substantial base in my opinion.

I think as it was, the piece was nice, but lacking in umph for me!

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the Waterford TSV  and also debated back and forth. I have been to Ireland, and the Waterford and Belleek there is MUCH more expensive. Plus, you have to pay to have it shipped home.

It is not something you can shove in your suitcase!

I am going to put a Luminara candle inside, instead of the tealight. It is a timeless piece.

Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom

What kind of bulbs are in the chandelier?

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV?

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb wrote:

@crazycockermom

What kind of bulbs are in the chandelier?

I may light the tea light sometimes as I bet a true flame looks even more impressive.  But for daily use, I'll probably use a flameless candle. 

Here's a pic of the light bulb box for the chandelier. 

IMG_4782.JPG

Respected Contributor

@chvall99 wrote:

Let us know what you think when you get your Waterford hurricane lamps.  I love mine.  Your dining room table is just beautiful. What a great space for entertaining.

Will do.  Hope to get them this week.  Thanks - I love my dining room table.  I only wish the matching sideboard fit in the dining room too but the room is too small.