Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't know how I missed this thread last week, but I seem to have that happening a lot lately!

I took a long hard look at the TSV for myself as well. I cannot say I loved it, so I passed. 

I think Waterford is timeless and fits with so many styles. My problem was the shape of the crystal. It was just so straight and geometric and modern to me. I would have jumped on it had they made the Waterford part of it in a hurricane shape or more of a ginger jar kind of shape. It needed some curved lines to it, and a more substantial base in my opinion.

I think as it was, the piece was nice, but lacking in umph for me!

I'm hoping I love them. I know what you mean though about wishing it had a more curved shape.  But, I actually think the straight shape will go in my updated dining room since it is a mix of traditional and modern.  I also wondered about a more substantial base but tried to envision what it would look like.   So, I decided to just take a chance.   We'll see.  

The Q has a Waterford bowl that I really like the shape of, but it's over $300.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV?

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio

@crazycockermom

I had the same thoughts of thinking I'd like the hurricane more if it had some curves and a beefier base.  I liked the one offered last year but felt it was smaller than I would want.  I do think the more cylindrical style of this one will probably look perfect in your dining room, @crazycockermom, for the reasons you stated already.  I was thinking of your wall art, upholstered chair pattern, chandelier, etc.  I hope they work out and you love them.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio

@crazycockermom

I had the same thoughts of thinking I'd like the hurricane more if it had some curves and a beefier base.  I liked the one offered last year but felt it was smaller than I would want.  I do think the more cylindrical style of this one will probably look perfect in your dining room, @crazycockermom, for the reasons you stated already.  I was thinking of your wall art, upholstered chair pattern, chandelier, etc.  I hope they work out and you love them.  

@SHOPR

Thank you!  I sure hope you're right.  I didn't see last year's version so don't know how that compared.  But keeping my fingers crossed this year's version works out well.  

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, Here is the previous one:

http://www.qvc.com/Waterford-and-Connemara-Marble-Chara-Hurricane.product.H203988.html

Let us know how you like yours on your table.  I'm curious to know how they work out.  I bet they'll look great.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughts on the TSV?

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

http://www.qvc.com/Waterford-and-Connemara-Marble-Chara-Hurricane.product.H203988.html

Let us know how you like yours on your table.  I'm curious to know how they work out.  I bet they'll look great.

Wow!   I love that.   Beautiful shape and now I can envision what a more substantial base would look like.  It does seem a little small though, for where I would've wanted to put it. Would look nice in my living room though, on the writing desk or in the hutch.   Good thing it's sold out.   Smiley Wink

Thanks for posting the link.  I will report back once I get mine but probably won't set them up until after Easter and I move the bunnies.  

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR

I don't remember seeing last year's either, so thanks for that link. 

Again, in my opinion, they missed with this one. Great Waterford top on this one, but the base is way too big for it. 

I'd really like to fall in love with one of these offerings, and maybe if they work together for enough years, they will make one that suits my fancy!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio,  I'm with you.  I figure if they collaborate enough times, they will create a style that I will no longer be able to resist.  :-)