Honored Contributor

What is your favorite HGTV show of all time?

And why? The thread about Christopher Lowell got me thinking. I believe my favorite was Sarah Richardson when she would buy some delapidated old house and make it beautiful. She used a lot of old delapidated looking furniture which had good bones and would refinish it and reupholster it and VIOLA it was gorgeous. I loved her style. Miss her shows. She had a sidekick she worked with who was also a very talented designer.

Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite HGTV show of all time?

It's the Mike Holmes "Make It Right" show.  At least in the early days prior to his show getting so camara artsy and before he turned it over to his lead construction guy and/or his son.  We learned SO MUCH regarding houses, what to look for before buying.... it was invaluable to us when we moved across country.  We still watch him but the show (and Mike) has changed quite a bit.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

When I  read your post, it made me think.  First I  thought of the show with the designer with Candice.  I don't remember the name, but her rooms were absolutely beautiful.  Then I  thought of  "Design on a Dime". She had the most cleaver way of designing rooms on a budget. When we got Dish, probably  over 20 years ago they had all these real designers. Now reruns of same old.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Kitty Bartholomew's show You're Home would be my favorite.  

I used to like an HGTV show that would feature a very high-end room.  The host would then recreate that room for a markedly lower price tag.  

Honored Contributor

Certainly nothing that's on now or has been on for the past several years. I'd have to search my memory for an absolute favorite, but I did love Sarah's House and wish she'd do another...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Maybe Kitty Bartholomew's show You're Home would be my favorite.  

I used to like an HGTV show that would feature a very high-end room.  The host would then recreate that room for a markedly lower price tag.  

Kitty Bartholomew's show was my favorite, too.  Maybe because I loved her style. So much so, that I bought one of her decorating books, in which she showcases what she did with her own little house.  It was so cute and friendly.

There were quite a few shows around that time that I really liked.  Not so much now, I find that I rarely watch.

Honored Contributor

Candace Olson, Divine Design

I still see her show every now & then on one of my obscure DirecTV channels.

She has goooood taste!

@sweetee2

Honored Contributor

Yes, I loved that show.

There would be a makeover room costing $30,000 and a designer would re-create it for about $1,000.    Could it be Design on a Dime?  Or maybe Decorating Sense?

I also loved Matt & Shari Fox - Room by Room

@tansy

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Yes, I loved that show.

There would be a makeover room costing $30,000 and a designer would re-create it for about $1,000.    Could it be Design on a Dime?  Or maybe Decorating Sense?

@tansy

I don't believe it was either of those shows, @software.  

Honored Contributor

Sensible Chic??

@tansy wrote:

@software wrote:

Yes, I loved that show.

@tansy

I don't believe it was either of those shows, @software.