Honored Contributor

DC17FF93-5188-42CD-95BF-DA41982A0EA7.jpeg

Comments/suggestions?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: This would be exactly me.

@LTT1  Love it!  I would have lots of books and music on the shelves.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

That's a very nice nook!  The oval window is gorgeous.  I have an octagonal "porthole" at the dark end of the upstairs hallway, and it very much enhances that space.

Your little window on the world.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 That's beautiful.  I have 2 window seats in my house.  One is in the master bedroom and one is in the big bay window in the living room.  They both lift up for storage.

Honored Contributor

Just looking at the picture gives me a cozy and warm feeling!  I have always loved window seats, the perfect place to read a book, gaze out the window or just relax..  The style and design of this window seat definitely appeals to me!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Storage....I think that might make creating one rational for me!

Do you actually sit in your window seats? 

I ask myself if I would actually sit in one if I had one...like, what would make them actually work as planned?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 Beautiful! I would add more books to the shelves as I think it would be a reading nook if I had one. Always wanted a window seat, but never could work it out.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Make room on that window seat, I’ll be right over.

Would really enjoy having one of those!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  No I never sit on them.  I usually stay out of the living room because my cat's toys are in there.  The minute I walk near it Bill thinks I'm coming to play with him OR (mostly) put treats in his toys.

In fact what's funny is a friend lives nearby and every time police or fire trucks go into my development he calls me to see what's happening.  Here's what I tell him, "You know I never look out the window or go near there and you know why".  Ha!

The other (smaller) window seat is in the master bedroom.  I've never sat on that.  It has 'stuff' on it.  No interest at all.

I sit in the family room toward the back of the house that looks out into the back yard and trees.  Thats more interesting to me.

Honored Contributor

I think this is really beautiful.  Window seats are not practical though, as @LTT1 suggested it might not be.  I just don't find seats without back cushions to be comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau