Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

While I was waiting 16 min for eggs to hard boil I cleaned out a drawer in the kitchen where I keep things like saran wrap and baggies etc. Now I am starting to challenge myself to what I can do next. Less boredom, things get thrown out and organized -- it's all good.

Purging does become a bit addictive for me. Once I start, I'm on a mission. 

Have had a lot of medical/vet stuff to deal with this week, but started cleaning out cabinets and drawers. There is a big pile in the hallway to go out, and the trash can recieved quite a bit as well.

Honored Contributor

TODAY IS BOOK DAY FOR ME!  Yes.  I am shouting to myself.

Honored Contributor

I kept 11 purses but I intend to leave a few of those up at camp next summer so I'm not packing purses back & forth.DH & I are on a mission to reduce what we take back & forth every year.I have an evening bag, a bone color and a black wallet on a string type bags that I wear when I need to be hands free, 2 Bella Taylor bags - a blue and a brown - 1 stone mountain navy bag I absolutely love - it's many years old but I'll never get rid of it until it falls apart, A dressy black Hobo bag,Then just everyday brown, black, bone and the first purse I ever bought for myself, an Ettienne Aigner that is 51 years old and I keep for the nostalgia.

Honored Contributor

Because the weather is awful here I was able to get DH to help me today and I did that shelf. Actually threw away very little from there but did reorganize it all and made a lot of space. Since I'm on a roll - next will be the large closet in the den that seems to accumulate a lot of junk.I know my DH the hoarder will be over seeing that as it is mostly all his junk. It could turn into one of those deals where I pull it out and he puts it right back in. I will hope for a day when he goes fishing.

Honored Contributor

DH was complaining about how much trash he had to put out this morning. I say - better out than in. I reminded him it was all from MY closet so there was no reason for him to go rooting through it. He has been known in the past to go through the trash and bring stuff back in.Anyway, today is raining too hard so he just got it out there and came right back in. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

DH was complaining about how much trash he had to put out this morning. I say - better out than in. I reminded him it was all from MY closet so there was no reason for him to go rooting through it. He has been known in the past to go through the trash and bring stuff back in.Anyway, today is raining too hard so he just got it out there and came right back in. 

Rooting through the trash must be a man thing.  Now I make sure I hide it really good under tea bags and coffee grinds, tie it up and put it out before he gets home!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Rooting through the trash must be a man thing.  Now I make sure I hide it really good under tea bags and coffee grinds, tie it up and put it out before he gets home!

When he worked it was easy - i got rid of junk when he wasn't home but now he is retired so it is more difficult because he is always here plus the hoarding has gotten worse since he has little to do with his days. Thank goodness he has a very good friend with a boat and they go fishing all day sometimes.

Honored Contributor

I've done a good job of moving things along when they are no longer used.  My new opportunity is I've lost some weight and need to move some things along.  

Honored Contributor

I am dieting right now and part of this is a need to keep busy so I'm not snacking.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949

Our husbands must be twins!  I have to 'sneak' things into the middle of the trash bags, where he won't see them and pull them back out. 

He drives me nuts with wanting to keep things that are so beyond their use, so I have just gotten used to adding a few things each week where he won't see them, and if I do some kind of a big purge, just do it when he isn't around, and take the trash to the can myself.