Respected Contributor

I had many of those things in my previous home and even though none of it is in this house, I still like some of that stuff.  I'm very surprised tiffany style lighting isn't on that tlist.  I hauled a chandelier cross country because I liked it so much and it's hanging over my table for the last 18 years in this house, for a total of 35 years that I've had it.  (I have to say I am a little tired of it  at this point,but I just can't find anything I like enough to replace it with.)

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

Forget that I failed a third one!!

I have carpeting in the living room, stairway, hallways (each floor) and all bedrooms. And carpeting will remain in those rooms as long as I'm in this home. Our winters are too cold for hardwood floors with my diabetic feet.

Carpeting is another thing the next homeowner can change if they want to . . . or not! It is also in ivory to match the walls and in great condition. No pets; no smoking; just me.   

I'm with you on the wall-to-wall carpeting.   Here in our area most of the homes do not have basements or attics either for that matter.   When we bought our house I mentioned to my husband about putting in hardwood floors instead of new carpeting and he pointed out that during the winter the floors would get very cold since there isn't a foundation under them.    He was right.   Both our kitchen and bathroom get quite chilly on our feet during the colder months.

Honored Contributor

I have two of those outdated items; Vertical blinds on two sliding doors, and white Formica countertops in my white kitchen. I’m ok with both, and don’t plan to change either one. Lol.

I would like white quartz countertops, but the look would be almost the same as what l have, so it’s not worth the bother or expense.

As for the vertical blinds, they’re the best option for sliding doors, IMO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I have built in shelving  in the living room which I love.

I have a pastel green glass pastel sink which I also love.

This isn’t our house so I can’t be charged as guilty.🤣

This was fun. 

Trusted Contributor

@spiderw 

I totally agree.  It's our home personally & should be decorated the way each homeowner wants or can afford.  

We do need to be content & happy with our surroundings.  My DH isn't bothered by "old/outdated" things.  Because he's more thrifty than I (except when it comes to his 8 kayaks or other things he wants!)  For me, when something appeals to me, I know then & there.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any of the ones shown, but we do still have carpeting in our bedrooms, it is something we can't agree on. I want hardwood floors with Area Rugs, and hubby wants carpeting......Since it was already carpeted when we moved in, we have kept it for the time being...

Would love to get rid of it one day soon in all 3 bedrooms!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: wall-to-wall carpet in the bedroom, l’m all for it. Who wants to trip over an area rug in the dark, in the middle of the night?!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~