Valued Contributor

Re: THROW RUGS DO NOT LAST ......

@jubilant

@summerwind

@151949

@Mominohio

Ladies:  I don't know if my previouis post included you, but I certainly want you to know I read all your posts and appreciate them.

I will check Kohl's and Boscov's for throw rugs.  I just want them to last more than a few months!

Jubilant:  You must be happy.

Summerwind;   Llove Sinatra singing Summerwind.

151949:   Glad you use the throw rugs, also.  

MominOhio: I'm going to ask my SIL to check thef Amish place in Ohio for me.

It is a necessity to have a few of these rugs, but I  use them carefully so as not to cause falls.   

Arrivederci!

Valued Contributor

Rats Drat f$#@^&*.

Misspelling due to some difficult eye problems currently.    

Please forgive and overlook........

Honored Contributor

I totally agree...rugs are not made like they were in the past. I have to toss mine after a few washings. The backing comes off or disintegrates like it has dry rot.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fiero Woman

Years ago, I bought a large-size Royal Palace Flowery Rug and put it under my dining room table. Same thing - my dog peed all over it - and I had to throw it out.

Honored Contributor

Royal Palace has the TSV/whatever on QVC2 today.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Elri

Have not read all the responses, so do not know if anyone mentioned throw rugs from JC Penney.

I've bought the washable rugs from them for years -- they look a bit like a short shag rug -- and wash them almost every two weeks.  They dry quickly, too.

They've held up very well.

Honored Contributor

Ours last a long time. We have many in our home becuz we have older dogs and do not want them to slip. We also have no carpeting in our home. We launder in our machine on delicate and cold water w/Woolite type detergent,rinse w/ white vinegar and hang to dry in the furnace room. We buy many at Goodwill. The ones from Goodwill are new(you can tell) .

Respected Contributor

Regal rugs from Bed, Bath and Beyond are great. They are expenisive but will last for years if they are properly cared for. I have had some of mine for at least fifteen years.

Super Contributor

@Elri  wrote:

"It just bothers me that so many products are completely inferior to those made earlier in time."

I could not agree more!