Valued Contributor

THROW RUGS DO NOT LAST ......

#1  The backing comes off in several washings.

#2  Some thick, fuzzy rrugs have come undone in the washer, leaving me undone.

#3  Require cold water wash.  

I wish I could find the rugs I bought years ago.  They looked like a chenille rag rug with short fringe.   But, they weren't puffy like chenille.  You could use either side.  They were really pretty but heavy duty.  No latex backing was needed because the runners were heavy enough to stay put.  They could move but didn't slide out easily during routine use.      

AND, they could be washed in very, very warm water.    

They can put a man on the moon ( or not, depending upon the individual lol ) but I can't find decent rugs.   I remember these were made in N. Carolina.    

Honored Contributor

Re: THROW RUGS DO NOT LAST ......

I'm sure (just like everything) there are people who have not had a good experience with them, but I own a lot of Royal Palace rugs, sold on QVC.

I've seen where people have complained that the pile picks up (and it does when brand new).  But after one vacuuming, it's always good.

I've had them shampooed, I've used them for a few years, then replaced them when tired of the colors.  I've then passed them on to friends who continue to use them.

I guess you can tell I like Royal Palace rugs.

Valued Contributor

I like rugs but my long-haired doxies think they are potty pads.  Uggg

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Royal Palace rugs.  They really withstand abuse from people and pets, and they vacuum and shampoo up beautifully.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I really like the Royal Palace rugs and have several of them.  I could never use one in the kitchen because my husband um, ruins everything Smiley Happy    

Valued Contributor

@Fiero Woman

I feel your pain. 

I clean up after my dog constantly.  My husband messes everything else. 

I think long haired doxies are beautiful.    My sister had one.     

Valued Contributor

@SXMGirl

Thanks for the response!  Yes, I agree they are really nice rugs.  I have a few in my hallways and one in living room. 

But, I just can't do one in the kitchen.  

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I certainly understand how disappointing it is when you can no longer get a product that you loved and worked well for you.

After a kitchen remodel last year, I tried the Ruggables brand from the Q and I even left a 3 rating and review. Now that I have been using it for over 6 months and have washed it several times and have received compliments, I have to say that it was a good purchase. I still wish the colors were more vibrant but it is holding up well and is easy to wash because it comes apart and you only wash the top.

Good luck with your search.

Valued Contributor

@wadesmom

Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know about the Ruggables.  I will look them up. 

Appreciatively, ER Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

I bought a bunch of really nice throw rugs/bath mats years ago at a department store by my sister's house (Boscov's).

They are fringed in chenille, but a nice thick center.  Mine can't be flipped, though. They aren't rubber backed.  But they never slide.

I bought about 10 of them in all different shapes, colors and sizes and use them for getting out of the tub or shower.

I do not like or have carpeting in my home.  No wall to wall or even bound area rugs.

However, I have no problem putting down a nice plush rubber backed bath mat. 

Be it inside a doorway or at the kitchen sink. 

All colors and sizes, but my favorite is either ivory or pure white.  White is almost an obsession!

You can wash them in hot water, but I never put them in the dryer.

I have such a selection, that I can rotate them so the same ones aren't used and getting washed and then wearing out quickly.  I change them out about once a week unless I feel they need it before.  I do shake them outside almost daily.

They look as new as the day I bought them.