Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for cool sheets???

@Annabellethecat66   What brand of sheets are you washing and dry cleaning?  Do you think the material and thread count make them feel this way or strictly the dry cleaning and ironing?

Respected Contributor

Shabby Chic percale cotton sheets from Target.  I've been married 50- years and these are some of the nicest sheets I have ever had.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I get all of my sheets dry cleaned and ironed.  First I wash them and then take them to the cleaners.

It's worth every penny.  Ever been to a very expensive hotel and felt how good the nice wrinkle-free kinda stiff sheets feel?  Some nice hospitals are the same way with their sheets.

They always feel cool and comfortable.

I have to say that I'm curious....how much does it cost to dry clean sheets?

Valued Contributor

@qvc chick wrote:

My guest room needs new sheets.  For full size bed.  The sheets I have on there, my neice said are hot, and they were sticking to her.

Any suggestions for sheets that are cool?  Maybe cotton sheets I guess?

How rude! I would tell her to bring her own sheets IF she was allowed to stay overnight again. SMH.

Super Contributor

Go to peachskinsheetsdotcom.  Fabulous fine lite weight sheets, ask for swatches and see for your self.  each month they put a different color on sale.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd @Most of them are just QVC sheets.  I like the high count sheets but my washing machine goes wonky sometimes.  The high count also hold the stiffness better.

My friend that owns the laundry puts the fitted sheets on special hangers.  She used to fold them but that made too many wrinkles.

i know it’s weird to get them dry cleaned, but I like the crisp feeling.  I also have a Sleep Number bed so I had to figure out to not have them wrinkle when I raise up the top part.  I put the backing on the back of the mattress and sheets so they won’t slip.

It wasn’t easy to find someone who’d do them.  The cleaners I was using closed down, so I went back to the cleaners I used several years before.  The pillow cases are really amazing.

Contributor

If you want cool sheets, you must select 100% cotton percale. I recommend JCPenney’s brand. They are cool and crisp; no pilling or other issues  I’ve had two sets I’ve used for almost twenty years.  They are prints and I’m so tired of them I bought a white set recently to add into the rotation. I wash my sheets weekly. 

Honored Contributor

I 'sleep hot' year round and use:

400 TC 100% cotton sateen in the spring, fall, & winter

300 TC 100% cotton sateen in the summer

Super Contributor

Annabellethecat - How much do they charge to dry clean them?  And they come out not wrinkled?  I'm intrigued!!