Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for Bathroom Decorating

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Since it's an apartment, I wouldn't think you're allowed to paint, replace lighting or faucets fixtures unless you remove and replace with original when you leave.

The only thing I can think of is a pretty bathmat, shower curtain, nice towels, waste basket and a colorful orchid.

@FlowerBear 

In addition to what @Lucky Charm posted....

How about a small floral print or metal art that could be hung on the wall? You can buy pretty holders for those small square tissue boxes. Perhaps a pretty glass container or small basket on the counter for quick access to items they use most? 

If you have a Home Goods or At Home store you could go browse for lots of items that might work and add a nice touch to a bathroom. 

Respected Contributor

- under sink storage - either one or two metal two or three drawer/basket pull out shelf

- on the wall above toilet - either one, two or even three single shelves / with or without   
  shelf baskets 

- perhaps a shelf over the door for extra storage also

* take advantage of that tall space under the sink, over the toilet, over the door

go vertical!!

- a wicker toilet tank basket would add storage for a few short stacks of rolls and

a can of air freshener, using more unused space

-  go UP and not OUT, makes the space feel larger

- keep the floors clear of rugs, use a hotel like thick towel bath mat for stepping out

of the shower, that way it can just be tossed back in the shower for next time

- keep it simple, think clean lines  - everything in its place 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I would add baskets in a variety of sizes for additional storage.  I'd also add a wreath that picks up the colors of the room, not too big or too small.  Assuming it's a small bathroom I'd keep or add a shower curtain with a small print to add warmth.  If space permits I'd add a wall shelf or hanging rack.

Large basket ideas at bottom of photo:

blue tiled bathroom with storage baskets

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

No since its an apt they cant paint or change any fixtures or sink.  Thank you so much for all of the wonderful and helpful suggestions. Many of these will be something they can do and i know it will make them happy! Thank you for the good wishes for them too in their new place!Man Happy