Honored Contributor

Jigsaw puzzles for this next winter.

Think I want to do some new ones this year.  I need something that catches any pieces that I may accidentally bump off the card table.  I try to be so careful, but it can happen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jigsaw puzzles for this next winter.

I love jigsaw puzzles.  However, I now do them on my computer!  Love it!  I remember back when I used the traditional puzzles and I had cats.  One of my cats would sit on a chair watching me.  Little, by little, he'd latch onto a piece and drag it toward him.  Then he would knock it off the table, jump down, and hide it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Quality girl   They carry puzzle tables on Amazon.  They look like some of them have rims and that may help with knocking them off the table.   I'm considering one of these as a Christmas gift this year for my daughter as she is an avid jigsaw puzzle maker, she calls it her therapy.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Think I want to do some new ones this year.  I need something that catches any pieces that I may accidentally bump off the card table.  I try to be so careful, but it can happen.

@qualitygal    Before I retired from teaching...I had small groups of kids that liked to do puzzles.  Unfortunately the kids would get their pieces mixed up if they sat too close to each other.  So...I purchased extra large baking pans with a rim.....the size that covers an entire rack in the oven.  Problem solved.  Depending on how large your puzzle is...this might work.  Plus you can carry the tray to different locations while you are working on it.   

Trusted Contributor

My husband made a puzzle board for me that has a raised border so that I don't lose the pieces. We put down an adhesive white shelf paper and it's perfect. I don't care for online puzzles, so this is great for me. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@qualitygal    Before I retired from teaching...I had small groups of kids that liked to do puzzles.  Unfortunately the kids would get their pieces mixed up if they sat too close to each other.  So...I purchased extra large baking pans with a rim.....the size that covers an entire rack in the oven.  Problem solved.  Depending on how large your puzzle is...this might work.  Plus you can carry the tray to different locations while you are working on it.   

@Mombo1 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

So funny, that's exactly how I've been doing it.  So I may just do that again.

Honored Contributor

I love jigsaw puzzles! I’ve worked some online, but I prefer the traditional puzzles with pieces I can manipulate by hand. I purchased a few new ones online and had them shipped to my house since I’ve been home more during the pandemic. I always check the floor for lost pieces during assembly and again when breaking them apart & putting them away. 😉

Valued Contributor

I have a jigsaw puzzle board which I just love.  It has two panels that are movable and then lay on top of the base of the board.  I then close the covers and it stays in place.  Have to have this as I have 2 cats who love to play with puzzle pieces.

I wanted to buy some new puzzles and was outraged at how much the prices have increased since the beginning of the pandemic.  Most of the puzzle websites are sold out and Amazon has a variety, but the puzzles I would have paid $20 for earlier in the year are now over $50.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I love jigsaw puzzles.  However, I now do them on my computer!  Love it!  I remember back when I used the traditional puzzles and I had cats.  One of my cats would sit on a chair watching me.  Little, by little, he'd latch onto a piece and drag it toward him.  Then he would knock it off the table, jump down, and hide it!

@Krimpette 

Cat LOL Cat LOL Cat LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catmama wrote:

I have a jigsaw puzzle board which I just love.  It has two panels that are movable and then lay on top of the base of the board.  I then close the covers and it stays in place.  Have to have this as I have 2 cats who love to play with puzzle pieces.

I wanted to buy some new puzzles and was outraged at how much the prices have increased since the beginning of the pandemic.  Most of the puzzle websites are sold out and Amazon has a variety, but the puzzles I would have paid $20 for earlier in the year are now over $50.  

@catmama  @qualitygal 

Try a website called bitsandpieces   

The puzzles are reasonably priced and they also sell puzzle organizers. They say they are 100% operational and ship within 3 business days.............. for 500 piece puzzles select "newly added" or "highest rated" (still reasonagly priced) where it says sort products

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”