Trusted Contributor

Re: Subtle and Eclectic Living Room...

Too much blue. White walls would lighten things up. The beams seem too heavy for the room. The chair would be better in a contrasting color or print.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is not a room I'd put together for myself and most of the elements wouldn't be of my choosing, but some folks to do enjoy a soothing, quiet look in a sitting room.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the couch and also like the lamps.  The overall room is all too formal for me.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I like this room and I think the blue colors give a calming comfortable feeling.  I would put a different piece of artwork over the mantle and the coffee table would have to go too. I would have a run with more color in it to contrast the blue.

Honored Contributor

Too "light and bright" for me.  I'm not fan of pastel colors.

And .... rather boring.

Respected Contributor

I love it....very pulled together look.

Honored Contributor

This room is calming and beautiful to me. I love the colors used, the ceiling..just about everything.

If I could change one thing it definitely would be to make the doorway and bookcase arched to match the gorgeous french doors.

Honored Contributor

I think this is very pretty and calming...Blue is such a calming color and I think it  was done very well here..

Esteemed Contributor

It's a very pretty room to look at but the decor style is definitely not for me so I'd have to redo everything.  I do love the bones ( ceiling beams and arched windows/doorway) of the room!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown