Esteemed Contributor

Our bathroom rugs were getting old and dingy, so threw them out.  Instead of buying new ones, we are just leaving it bare.

You, too? or do you use bathroom rugs?  They sure were a dirt collector!  

Honored Contributor

Still use rugs, I dont like coming out of shower on a cold hard tile. Also safer not to fall. 

Honored Contributor

I have wall to wall water resistance carpeting in my bathroom that I picked up at Home Depot. 

Like another poster mentioned, I do not like stepping on cold tile.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I don't think I would ever choose to NOT have a slip resistant rug by the tub/shower.  I do not want to hydroplane stepping out if I can help it. 

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean I can't imagine not having bath mats on the floor. Just plain unsafe and easier to slip.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bathroom Rugs?

[ Edited ]

Our late 50's house has a bathroom tied to the master bedroom.  When we looked at the floor, no mats.  We moved in and I had my arm full of my trusty bath mats but the door would not go OVER them!!  No one (ever) had taken the time to take the door off the hinges and trim about 1 3/4" off the bottom of the door!!  Perfect fit and all three of my mats fit perfectly.  Love them!  And if I slip and hit the deck it won't be because I didn't have any mats.  Yes, I love bathroom mats, hate stepping onto a cold tile floor.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I do have rugs in my bathrooms.  ....I don't like the color of the tile so the rugs make it look better and it's cheaper than replacing the tile right now.  And yes...the rugs are a safety issue for a slippery floor.  

Honored Contributor

I just wash them on a regular basis.  Not much dirt collects on a bathroom rug if you're not wearing shoes.

Honored Contributor

I used to have rugs in the bathrooms but not any more.  Just another thing to wash.  I use a mat for when I get out of the shower but see no need for a full time rug.

Respected Contributor

No rugs in my house due to increase risk of falls.