Honored Contributor

Subtle and Eclectic Living Room...

w12.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Subtle and Eclectic Living Room...

like the bones here.  could not take the blue walls for sure. coffee table, big no.     love the fireplace, beams, painting and doors to the outside.  

to me, this is not what i would consider eclectic.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for this. All the subtle tones of the same color  are just too much for me. I prefer more contrast. The furnishings are ok, but nothing I would choose. I do like the windows, built-in shelves, and the fireplace. 

Honored Contributor

All the color is the same value creating a snooze effect.  It needs some punches somewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I find it soothing and relaxing  as a seperate living room.  Reminds me of my living room in CA, couch looks like the same color.  Room was used for company and the Christmas tree. Family room was where the real living happened. I think the room is well done. Of course there is no divinative answer only personal preferences. 

Respected Contributor

I could live in this living room.  I find the colours calming.  I wouldn't describe it as eclectic but I do like it.  LM

Honored Contributor

Love the arched windows and the the soothing colors....would not have covered the hardwood floors and selected a different fireplace mantel.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the room, especially the ceiling and arched windows, but don't care for the furniture.

Honored Contributor

I like-- no, love-- the wall color and the color of the couch.  The architecture of the room is busy and disharmonious to me-- the combination of arched French doors, and then squared off door and bookcase niche, combined with the heavily accented broken line of the ceiling--  that would always bother me.

If these "bones" of the room were more aligned, to me it would be a pleasant, airy and light-filled space.

Honored Contributor

The wall color and couch color are wonderful!  They remind me of the sky on a spring day!

The painting is a perfect accent!

I see an antique dough cradle through the doorway.

I love the arched windows and the focus on the ceiling with the natural wood.

This is a lovely room that "whispers".