Honored Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal ...you sound a lot like me, we seem to have the same style of cleaning.

Honored Contributor

I don't SPRING clean until the *green* season is over (heavy pollen landing on everything).  But I do clean and deeply.  And not just spring, but also summer and fall and winter.

I can't stand a filthy house and if I didn't clean it thoroughly, I don't think I'd sleep at night! 

I'm not a one- room- a -day person, either. Every room has to be cleaned and I won't go in a cleaned room until the entire house is cleaned.  I just feel that dust and dirt get tracked into one room to the next.

It's been that way since I was a kid.  My own doing!

Honored Contributor

I have a housekeeper who cleans every other week.  She does it all...the young little whipper-snapper!  I used to be like her.  Some things are just better paid for!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I don't SPRING clean until the *green* season is over (heavy pollen landing on everything).  But I do clean and deeply.  And not just spring, but also summer and fall and winter.

I can't stand a filthy house and if I didn't clean it thoroughly, I don't think I'd sleep at night! 

I'm not a one- room- a -day person, either. Every room has to be cleaned and I won't go in a cleaned room until the entire house is cleaned.  I just feel that dust and dirt get tracked into one room to the next.

It's been that way since I was a kid.  My own doing!

@Lucky Charm 

I GET YOU!  I was a clean child and so were all my brothers.  Mama & Daddy were very clean people & as a family we all were.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

@AuntG  I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post! Housekeeping strategies sure have changed over time. Although, my deep cleanings in Spring and Fall feels so rewarding.

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to work on things year round rather than only doing it in the spring.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown