Honored Contributor

Country window treatments?

[ Edited ]

My home is currently painted in builder's white.  I'm starting with the kitchen, living room and dining area.  The main walls will be an off-white and two accent walls will be red.

My kitchen has one window and a pair of French doors.  I'm trying to decide on window treatments for the window only.  My overall look is modern country. I can't seem to imagine what kind of drapes or curtains I will need to acheive the look I want.

These are my colors...

VALSPAR quite red and thistle seed SATIN.png

I currently have honeycomb shades in that same off-white.

My dining furniture is white.  

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Country window treatments?

hmmm... Off the top of my head, I'm picturing a roman shade in a stripe pattern using those colors. The colors cover the country aspect and the more clean roman shade style covers the modern aspect. hth

Respected Contributor

or something like this in your color scheme - 

Simple Window Treatments - Lesley Young - Decorating Den Interior Designer | Simple window ...

Honored Contributor

@house_cat   Do you need/want to cover the entire window?

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @ThinkingOutLoud  I'll check out that site tomorrow. I found a couple that I like at the Vermont Country Store, but they're a little pricey for my budget.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I have a country house and use tie top long curtains.

The window treatments  at Vermont Catalog are from Country Curtains that was the foremost window treatment catalog for country and are excellent quality. 

Honored Contributor

I can see red and cream ticking stripe material.  Or toile?  LOVE that!!!!  I love the more French inspired ones with the swags in the pattern.  I can't remember what you call it.  

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@house_cat   Do you need/want to cover the entire window?

I already have shades, so I'd like the curtains to be long (84"), but more on the sides of the window.  I don't want to block the natural light.  The window is in the dining area and not near the food prep, in which case I would have been looking for a much shorter length.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat ..............my advise is to keep looking even if it takes a while.  When you find it you will know thats just what you have been "looking" for.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Just happened to think, Foam and Fabrics about 1 1/2 miles south from Airport Rd. has quite a selection including Waverly fabric if you sew.