Valued Contributor

I used egyption cotton for years. I have not switched to Percale. I have been getting mine at Pottery Barn. They are organiic percale and very nice. I see that Sams club is not carrying percale sheets on line so I might give those a try also. I also see that on here Martha Stewart has some nice printed percale ones on her in the new secion. I am interested in those also.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I have found extremely nice sheets at Sam's Club - their Hotel Premier line is top quality and even the most expensive, split king, is under $100 per set.

I ordered a set from Sam's and they shipped today.  Fingers crossed.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I have found extremely nice sheets at Sam's Club - their Hotel Premier line is top quality and even the most expensive, split king, is under $100 per set.

I'm back just to winge a bit.   Sheets came, felt nice but before I took them out and washed them, I just double checked the dimensions.   The description online clearly says 18" depth.   Nope, the package says 16".  So, mow I have to take them to the store for a return and start over.  So aggravating.     

Trusted Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@Bridgegal wrote:

@froggy wrote:

I'm back just to winge a bit.   Sheets came, felt nice but before I took them out and washed them, I just double checked the dimensions.   The description online clearly says 18" depth.   Nope, the package says 16".  So, mow I have to take them to the store for a return and start over.  So aggravating.     

That's very disappointing.  Sam's sheets are the best quality for the price.  I've had my set for over 5 years and they still look like new.  

Valued Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

I've been buying sheets for over 35 years, and have never had a set fall apart. I never buy expensive sheets either.

I've had these sheets from Boscov's for about 1½ years and they're fine. I've seen them on sale for less than today's price. They aren't wrinkle-free out of the dryer, but that doesn't bother me. I did wash them before using the first time. There was a small amount of shrinkage, but no more after that.

boscovs sheets.JPG

I've never had sheets fall apart on me either.  I'm always surprised when I hear people say that.  

Respected Contributor

I like Vera Wang sheets from Kohl's.  I get them when they go on sale and I have a 30% coupon.  I get the 600 thread count.  They are comfortable and hold up well.

Occasional Contributor

The last sheets I bought the end of May were from Northern Nights, and they are already pilling and have spots where they have gotten thin. They were supima cotton, and have been used very little. The Egyptian cotton sheets from this brand have worn well so far, although they wrinkle easily and are not have soft as the supima cotton. I bought some sheets a few years back from Kohls that were Egyptian cotton from Vera Wang. My daughter still uses these sheets, have worn great and are still really soft.