Respected Contributor

I've spent the last two hours today and can't count how many hours total online looking for sheets.  I bought two new sets in June that started falling apart within 6-8 weeks.  They weren't cheap sheets.   

ive looked here and every place from Target to Pottery Barn and The Company Store.   Apparently, you have to pay $400+ for a set of sheets these days that might hold up longer than a year, be soft and fit properly.

We need extra deep pockets for our thick pillow top mattress.  Has anyone recently purchased sheets that you like?

Honored Contributor

What brand did you buy?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

It is hard to recommend sheets because each person has such specific desires.  I like the organic cotton sheets from Pottery Barn.  They wash up nicely and seem to last forever.  However, they don't have the silky feel that some people like and they are not brushed cotton as others may like.  

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

What brand did you buy?

I don't know.  Two different brands.  One from Home Goods and the other from Tuesday Morning.  Both sets were in the $100 range.

Respected Contributor

Charter Club deep pockets sheets  from Macys. They're really good and last along time.

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 

I looked at those and was ready to buy until I saw 16" depth pockets.   Too small.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm not very picky but I am always pleased with percale sheets from Target.   I grab them when they go on sale.I don't think the Q would allow a link but quickly I just found a 400 thread count, 100% set of king sheets for $65.

But I will say, I don't care if they don't hold up more than a year.    But they usually do.

@Bridgegal wrote:

I've spent the last two hours today and can't count how many hours total online looking for sheets.  I bought two new sets in June that started falling apart within 6-8 weeks.  They weren't cheap sheets.   

ive looked here and everything from Target to Pottery Barn and The Company Store.   Apparently, you have to pay $400+ for a set of sheets these days that might hold up longer than a year, be soft and fit properly.

We need extra deep pockets for our thick pillow top mattress.  Anyone have recently purchased sheets that you like?

Esteemed Contributor

LE 6oz flannel. Holds up and wonderfully soft if you like flannel. 

Skip the 5oz, scratchy feel.

Honored Contributor

Back in November, I purchased sheets from Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel. So far so good.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Buying sheets is a chore under the best of circumstances. I prefer to buy my sheets in a store where I can feel the fabric. I am very particular about the hand of the fabric. In fact,I am a lot like Goldilocks, so it has to be just right. 

I did like the bamboo sheets from Sleep Number, but I do not know if the gusset is deep enough for the thick mattresses that some own. Good luck in your quest.