Trusted Contributor

We are in the process of working on a she-shed. DH is retired and I'm retiring at the end of the year. We bought a shed and insulated and drywalled the shed because we live in a northern area of the country and I do plan to use it year-around. I'm working on paint colors, flooring, lighting, furnishings, etc. It will have a tv (DH has claimed the shed during football season with his buddies) and it has internet service. I have a small fridge in my office that I plan to bring into the shed. No plumbing, no bathroom, etc. It's a place for me to go when the "togetherness" with DH gets to be a little too much. 

Would you take a she-shed? I'm really excited about mine!

Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 

Yes...and make sure" no" land line phone is installed in it also!!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@PamelaSue72 wrote:

We are in the process of working on a she-shed. DH is retired and I'm retiring at the end of the year. We bought a shed and insulated and drywalled the shed because we live in a northern area of the country and I do plan to use it year-around. I'm working on paint colors, flooring, lighting, furnishings, etc. It will have a tv (DH has claimed the shed during football season with his buddies) and it has internet service. I have a small fridge in my office that I plan to bring into the shed. No plumbing, no bathroom, etc. It's a place for me to go when the "togetherness" with DH gets to be a little too much. 

Would you take a she-shed? I'm really excited about mine!

I'd love a She-Shed

or a

Babe Cave

@PamelaSue72  enjoy it and your retirement!

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey  Good Luck on your She Shed. I could not have one without a toilet & sink. I would have to run to the main house. Hey, I drink lots of water & as I get older, I have go more lol!

Honored Contributor

I have no desire for a she-shed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PamelaSue72 ....dh and I are together at lot...we work together, then we are at home together, and yes sometimes it is a lot.

Our extra space is the back porch, he watches TV, sports, etc. out there until it's to cold as it is not heated, or cooled.

I also spend time out there to read or surf the internet, visit when friends are over, but most of the time it is his space...usually after dinner I am cleaning the kitchen or doing something in the house so it works well for us.

Everyone needs a place to go and be alone, if that is what they want...enjoy your new space.

Honored Contributor

I could not tell you how many times I have seen sheds at Sam's Club, Lowe's or Home Depot and thought that they would make a nice room. The one I always checked out was at Sam's. There were windows and shutters and quite roomy. It is really quite attractive.

Many years ago our friend had a shed built in his backyard. It was his "workshop". And he made sure it had everything - heater, electricity, comfy chair, cable for the TV, microwave, refrigerator and every power tool imaginable. When he sold the house, I think the new owner bought his house because of the shed. 

I can see why you would make a shed into a special room. It gives you extra space, without the big expense of adding an addition to your house.

Honored Contributor

I have a shed in my backyard that looks like a small house, with a small window, a door, a porch area and it even has a gutter around the roof. It's painted the same color as my house. It doesn't have any power or plumbing but my house is not that far away from it. I could easily make into a she-shed and I have seriously thought about it but in all honesty...why?? I have all that I need, and more, just steps away from that shed. It would be way too hot and cold when the seasons come around.

Honored Contributor

I'd be excited to have one, and I'm excited for you!

The only reason it isn't on my to do list is money. Money to do it and do it right. In Ohio, I'd want it climate controlled or everything in it would bake in the summer heat, and freeze in the winter, not to mention dampness from rain and humidity

So we just need too many other things that are more necessary to be done to even consider doing a she shed and doing it right. 

But hey, a girl can dream!

@PamelaSue72 

When you get it done, please share pictures!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have she-shed, but I do have a babe cave.  We moved into a townhouse development and don't have the room or would be allowed a she-shed.  I claimed one of the spare rooms as my babe cave and love it.  Enjoy your she shed!!