Trusted Contributor

Looking for suggestions for paint color for a utility room

After a water pipe broke today and flooded our kitchen and utility room, I had to clear everything out. I had wanted to repaint our utility room for ages. I guess now's my chance. It is currently a mid blue with very outdated wallpaper on the lower half. It's right off the kitchen, and you see it every time you go in there. What is a good, current shade now? I hear yellow is not popular if you plan on trying to sell your home (we will in the future). I don't want it griege/warm gray like the kitchen. Thought something different would be nice. Thinking about a subtle green, not sure. What color do you have that you would recommend?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Trusted Contributor

Re: Looking for suggestions for paint color for a utility room

[ Edited ]

Where is the member who's husband has a Benjamin Moore shop?

I've forgotten her name.

This darn "partzimers".LOL  Woman Embarassed

How about a clean (not muddy) white base with green tint from BM? I'm sure our gal knows the current color name for this idea.

dee

@morganjen wrote:

After a water pipe broke today and flooded our kitchen and utility room, I had to clear everything out. I had wanted to repaint our utility room for ages. I guess now's my chance. It is currently a mid blue with very outdated wallpaper on the lower half. It's right off the kitchen, and you see it every time you go in there. What is a good, current shade now? I hear yellow is not popular if you plan on trying to sell your home (we will in the future). I don't want it griege/warm gray like the kitchen. Thought something different would be nice. Thinking about a subtle green, not sure. What color do you have that you would recommend?

Super Contributor

BM , stonington gray 

Respected Contributor

Wythe blue is a very popular color.  To me it's more on the greenish blue side.  I was going to paint my front door with that color but then my maintenance guy said that it looked more like a color you would paint a baby boy's room.  Instead I went with sherman williams Dutch Tile Blue.  I usually go to SW or BM stores and get a bunch of samples and tape them up and look at them for a while.   If the room has no windows I'd go up a shade in color.

Honored Contributor

Pale peach!  It will be like sunshine being in there!!

Trusted Contributor

If you can see the room from your kitchen, I would chose something that coordinates well with the kitchen. Not a total match but something similiar. Or a nice clean white would be a safe choice! 

Trusted Contributor

How about Sherwin Williams Sea Salt. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Ugg! Peach went out in the late 80's!! I know, because I had peach in my home. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2Which, if fashion trends hold true, means it's Just about due to come back in vogue.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Ugg! Peach went out in the late 80's!! I know, because I had peach in my home. 

True but the shade has been updated & modernized since then.   Geez