Honored Contributor

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW WASHING MACHINE PLEASE

[ Edited ]

Ladies...hello.  Who has a suggestion for a new washing machine that truly does have a gentle or handwash cycle?  I wash a lot in the gentle cycle, and my Samsung is going out on me.  It also never seems to really wash on a delicate cycle.

I want top loading and I want white.  Price can go as high as $1000 or even $1200.  Has anyone bought one recently?  I also need to be able to wash my lightweight down comforter.  THanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Re: SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW WASHING MACHINE PLEASE

I'm interested in seeing the responses to this thread as well.  My top load washer is making a lot of noise.  It's only about 5 years old.  My son said it's the bearing, so it's not worth trying to fix it.  

Lowes and Home Depot have a big sale on the washers this month.  I was looking at the Maytag 4.3 (larger tub) washer and noticed that most top loaders are not made with agitators any longer.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Contributor

Speed Queen

Respected Contributor

i would try to get a speed queen washer but try to get one from 2017 if there are any left. new ones made for 2018 have change and not nearly as good as the 2017 or older. its early in the year so you probably can still get one. good luck.

Honored Contributor

@georgia dawgs wrote:

Speed Queen

Thanks! I'll look into those.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Im a Sears Kenmore girl, all my large appliances are Kenmores.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@ImaoldhippieDoubt you'd want to purchase an appliance from Sear's anymore. They have been in financial dificulty for years, have been closing more stores each year and are about to call it quits. It's been in the news. Going the way of Montgomery Wards. Buy from a company who will be around for PARTS and service for many years in the future. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1We just got a new Maytag top load washer without the agitator.  It also does not fill up with water like the others but fills slowly (so it doesn't affect any other water use in the house also) and only enough for the amount of clothing you put in and not just small, medium or large load settings.  The delicate cycle is so gentle and without the agitator nothing to get caught on.  Also with no agitator, it can accomodate a huge amount of clothing or comforters, etc.  I absolutely love it.

Super Contributor

I purchased LG top load washer and matching dryer about 6 months ago and find they are easy to operate, lots of variety for different wash cycles and energy saving dryer. I would recommend, at least check them out. I purchased at a appliance center named Spencer’s, but I know Lowe’s carries this brand. Also, they have a high rating in all I read before I purchased. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

About 5 years ago my 13 year old washer died. I looked around quite a bit, my laundry room is very small so I did not have room for a front load machine. I purchased a GE top loader without the agitator and it has served me well. so far. The  handwash cycle works very well. It takes some getting use to if you have had the older top loads that fill comp[letely with water, you can watch some of the videos on you tube.Happy shopping.