Honored Contributor

I have three Roombas; one for DH's office in the lower level, and the other two for the main floor.  I love them.  However, I do not have carpeting anywhere.  They do clean the low-pile area rugs, but they don't "climb" the shag area rugs.  They are really more of a sweeper than a vacuum, so if you have a lot of carpeting you may not be as pleased with them as I am.

Also, regarding the charge; going on three years with no issues.  I have two dogs and a large house, and I wouldn't give up my Roombas for all the tea in China. (Sorry if that's not PC.)  Mine are programmed to run every morning at 7.

Regular Contributor

I have a shark ION and I love it. I have a cat (and cat litter) and a dog. I would buy it again in a heart-beat.

Respected Contributor

I may get one where I know I can return it if it does not work the way I need it to.  That way only postage to return lost.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a robotic vacuum but gave up on it since I kept having to retrieve it from being stuck under my couch. It did a fairly good job on cat fur on the tile floors, but I wasn't impressed with the job it did on my large area rug, plus it took forever. I've since bought a Dyson rechargeable wand or stick type vacuum and love it. It's light weight and I can quickly get all of the cat fur, dust and whatever else happens to fall on my tile floors and the area rug - and do it all in no more than 10 minutes every day. I don't use it on the carpet in the bedrooms, but that's okay with me. My biggest problem is the cat fur, litter that's tracked around and whatever else is tracked in - my little Dyson gets all of that on a daily basis, and I like the suction that it has. The robotic vacuum just doesn't have that. I know the robotics work great for some people, but it just wasn't worth the time it took to get the job done.