Esteemed Contributor

Re: Replacement windows: Window World?

I have a similar style home as the two you described. We have Pella windows and I am very pleased with them. Some of our neighbors have Anderson and again they are happy with those. In my area, I have not heard good reports about Window World. This is always an expensive purchase so I would compare the warranty and check the BBB in your area. Also, sometimes these companies provide you with other customers as a reference for their product and work. I would chedk to see if this service is available in your area. If it would be me then my choice would be Pella or Anderson depending on my budget.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had all of my windows replaced with ones that were manufactured right here in my state of Colorado by a private company. The reason I decided to go this route is primarily because of the high altitude at which I live. Thermal pane windows are gas-filled using an argon gas which is a highly insulative substance. It also escapes from thermal pane windows if they were manufactured at sea level then brought up to high altitudes. This will make them less efficient when the gas escapes. So by having them manufactured at high altitude, it insures that the argon gas stays within the panes as it should so they retain their efficiency.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I looked at WW when we wanted to replace the windows in our Town Home. The problem is that we needed slider winders, and the cost was significantly higher than their advertised up/down windows. In past homes, I think Pella is the best product, but I've also had CertainTeed and they are excellent too. For our Town Home we purchased windows from Menards last year and have had good results with them during the winter. The only thing with Menards is that you have to hire your own contractor to install them - we had a list of their recommended contractors and had great luck though.

Honored Contributor

My personal experience is I've had many, many windows in my life. I have found that you don't skimp. Cheap price means cheap windows. Trust me.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Window World replaced my windows including a big Bow window and a small Bay window 5 years ago....VERY pleased

Respected Contributor

@ID2wrote:

My personal experience is I've had many, many windows in my life. I have found that you don't skimp. Cheap price means cheap windows. Trust me.

I really agree. We used Pella in our last house.