Respected Contributor

Replacement windows: Window World?

In our previous home we replaced windows in a 1960 ranch with Pella windows. Everyting went well and we were happy with the results. 

We are now in a new( to us) 1980 ranch and will be replacing windows again. Since we now live in a larger area we have gotten bids from 3 companies. We have14 windows of various sizes ranging from a tiny bathroom window to a large picture window.

Anderson Replacement was the most expensive. Pella was half the cost of Anderson and Window World was half the cost of Pella.  

Can you share any experiences with Window World?

Honored Contributor

Re: Replacement windows: Window World?

My elderly aunt who is very fussy and hard to please, had two huge bow windows replaced by WW and was very pleased with the results.

Honored Contributor

I can't speak to that specific company, but we used a local company and got vinyl tilt in windows at a great price. I have been happy with them to this point and they have been in for 5  years or so.

What I would offer are some things I considered when looking at windows. 

First, the home itself. Some homes are worth the very best product you can find. Historic homes, homes that will hold or increase their value in high end neighborhoods, or homes that would be in big demand and regain the cost when you sell them. 

Our home, and the area it is in didn't warrant the best.

Second, your budget. The best windows usually cost a lot. There are good mid range windows that will give you all the important features and longevity without the big cost.

Third, the look you are trying to achieve. For example If you want or need a solid wood look in a window, white vinyl won't make you happy in the long run, so don't waste money on windows that you will hate after you chose them to save money. 

Fourth, the features you need/want. I need to be able to clean the windows from inside and by myself with no help. I waited all my life to get the tilt in features. Think about the features you really need or want before buying.

Good luck with your endeavor and keep us posted!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My son replaced all of the windows in his first home with Window World  windows.  That was when they were  $199 a window.

He was happy with them and they did look nice.  He knew that the home was a starter home and he knew he would be selling his house in a few years.

My backyard neighbor  replaced his Anderson windows with new Anderson windows.     I don’t think his original windows lasted too long ( 25 years) for what he paid for them, but he liked them and got the same windows.

I can tell you...Don’t  get Crestline windows.  They are beautiful..wood clad with aluminum on the outside.  Ours rotted behind the aluminum so bad that they were hollow.  There are many complaints about them.

i would get a middle of the road priced window...like Pella, or the lower priced Window World one’s. Most of my family and friend have Pella as do I.

You really don’t get a higher price for your home when you sell if you have expensive windows.  So only get them if you really want them or need them and can afford them.  They add little value to your home.

Honored Contributor

We replaced all of our windows thru a company like Window World in 2004.   I referred 3 members of my family and 2 friends to the same company to replace their windows, and we are still satisfied customers.   

When our house was broken into in 2007, the thief broke the glass in our bedroom window to gain entry.   The break in was on Thursday, and the window company was here on Tuesday to replace the broken window at no charge.   

I am getting ready to test the lifetime warranty even further, with a call to the company for replacement of a kitchen window due to a broken seal resulting in cloudiness and permanent condensation.   I also have 2 front windows with problems; one has what I call a halo spot that is about the size of a quarter, and the other window has become very stiff to raise and lower.   

Esteemed Contributor

We replaced 13 windows last year with Window World and we are very happy. Our house was built in 1986 and had single pane windows. Living in Arizona the area between the shutters and window would get very hot in the summer. We replaced them with dual pane windows. We rarely open the shutters anyway but being dual pane and with their coating for the heat it really helps. The windows are cool to the touch even when it’s 120 outside. We also had an estimate from Pella and they were only $300.00 higher than Window World. We liked WW’s Window latches a bit better than Pella. I’ve recommended them to a friend of ours and they will be getting new windows also from them. 

Stay away from Renewal by Anderson. They are ruthless. Constantly calling sometimes 4 times a day. I finally had to block all of their numbers. They are very high pressure whereas WW was not.

Honored Contributor

WW has an adequate product so if cost is your biggest factor, you'll probably be satisfied. If Pella fits your budget, then that's whose windows I would get. IMO Pella has a better window for the long haul.

Honored Contributor

We have neighbors that have used them and I have never seen them come back because of a problem with the installation.

Frequent Contributor

I am the HOA president for my condos and Window World is our preferred/approved vendor for window replacement.  Several owners have replaced their windows over the years and we have never received any complaints about WW.  I need to replace my windows because they are super old and the seal is broken in one of the windows.  I will use WW for the replacement.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  We used a local company and I agree with everything you said. In addition, we got tinted glass for most of our windows, but didn’t need it for the kitchen windows because they look into our sunroom, so they aren’t exposed to the sun. We also had them do a total pull-out (window frame and window) of the window over our bathtub, replacing the wooden frame with an Azek-like material to prevent warping when someone took a shower. It looks just like wood painted white. They also used impact-resistant glass in this window (required by City code), so it would crumble like auto glass if someone hit it hard enough to break it. Our contract included an excellent warranty that conveys when we sell our house.