Honored Contributor

No.  Too much going on here.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it!  It looks like it could be a sitting room in a B & B.  But then, if I had the $$, it could be my home Smiley Happy.  Oh, that fireplace, ceiling and beams!  Looking forward to more pics if you get them.

Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE the rustic part; but not so much the refined aspect.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Beautiful..I would love to see more rooms in this home. 

Esteemed Contributor

Beautifully done! Perfect late fall and winter home, especially with snow.  Since I live in Texas it's to heavy for my climate.  But I love it!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Refined Rustic...

[ Edited ]

@stevieb   This is so uncanny.  I just took a quiz on "what's your style".  It came up "Refined Rustic".  So I came here to post my picture and was going to title it  that same exact title and, lo and behold, I see your title.  You beat me to the punch...LOL! The picture I found was totally different. It had more of the refined and less of the rustic.  It goes to show you everyone's idea of what a style is, is in the eye of the beholder many times.  I think it all depends on what style of room we have and what we have to work around.

This is a beautiful room and, I think it does combine the two but leans more rustic.   The room I came up with was more refined with less rustic.  Either way..... they are both beautiful so maybe I finally found a proper name for my style!!  Lately, I've been calling it the "whatever I like style".

Honored Contributor

This room is stunning with elegance and a formal design which I love.  Everything about it is so appealing and I could easily be very comfortable and content in it.  A very big YES for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Refined Rustic...

[ Edited ]

@spiderw wrote:

This room is stunning with elegance and a formal design which I love.  Everything about it is so appealing and I could easily be very comfortable and content in it.  A very big YES for me.

@spiderw  It is exactly that juxtaposition of the more elegant decor and the more rustic architecture that caught my eye.

There are those who think a structure's decor must reflect the structure's architecture but I could not disagree more. I enjoy seeing rooms decorated against type or at least with some elements that go against type. For example I've often said I could probably live in a mid-century style house with more modern architecture and walls of glass as long as I didn't have to decorate in that style. Likewise an industrial loft. Would love to live in one as long as I wasn't limited to modern or industrial styles decor.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

WOW!  Love it!  

Might sound strange, but to me it seems like two worlds collided in a time machine and resulted in perfection:  a medieval-modern room.

(Okay, I'm a little weird I guess..)

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Beautiful..I would love to see more rooms in this home. 

@DREAMON  I did fine more and will be posting them soon. This home is quite impressive. More house than I'd actually want but the rooms are lovely.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...