Respected Contributor

Re: Red (Riding) Hood Kitchen

I like the floor & cabinetry.  As for the complete wall look including the stove, hood & backsplash - I think it overwhelms the kitchen.  I'm not a fan of huge "in your face" hoods anyways.

Respected Contributor

I like the floor, red appliances and the cabinet woodwork.  I REALLY do NOT like the Chickenwire motif. 

Honored Contributor

I like it!  That bright spot of color really jazzes up the space and would really lift my mood!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I like some red in kitchens, this is just too much red, and I think one could tire of it easily.......The Backsplash is just too much as well. Makes me dizzy!

Honored Contributor

I have to say--not being much of a red person--I do really like that color and the way it is used. I am all for a pop of color anywhere instead of solid boring white

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Keep the red give me that floor! 

Honored Contributor

I do not like the red stove.  The style is awful.  The black granite has got to go.  If I see anymore granite I will scream!!  It is so dated now.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono  Very sharp kitchen, wish I had the rest of the house tht goes with this kitchen, bet it's gorgeous.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

I always seem to have a problem, personally, with very insistent, repeating geometric patterns, like that tile.  I like to ease into the morning, and would quickly find the tile pattern to be both tiresome, and too demanding on the eye.   It almost seems to be vibrating!  

Do not care for the charmless, long, rectangular block of the hood.

Here's the funny thing-- normally, I like brass mixed with steel, but not the way they did it here.  Also don't mind little touches of red, but again, this is too much for me.

The one thing I do like is the polished black stone of the counter.  I'd take that beauty, and try to start over in the kitchen!

I love the polished black stone too @Oznell . The rest is  not my style, but I have been in homes with unusual kitchens like this, and I couldn't help but admire their bold choice. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

I love that stove.  Would probably have done a black stove, white walls, black/white marble and red walls but I like it and if I could afford to change stoves frequently, I would have a red for a few years.

I would probably carry the marble to the backsplash and not have so much "belting" metal on the hood.  Other than that, it's fine with me.