Honored Contributor

Northern Nights bringing back down blankets!!!

I saw in Insider today! Yippee! I bought them 15 years ago & time to refresh them.   

Many colors to choose from.  I use as comforter it's perfect here.

tsv 9/20

Trusted Contributor

Re: Northern Nights bringing back down blankets!!!

I own two of them and love the light weight, the warmth, and the look of each on the bed. But they are both a few years old and getting kind of shabby. So I'm going to buy one of these shown in the Insider as you noted.  Looking forward to the TSV.  We share the same sentiments about these really nice blankets. I'll be buying the blue in Queen size. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I saw in Insider today! Yippee! I bought them 15 years ago & time to refresh them.   

Many colors to choose from.  I use as comforter it's perfect here.

tsv 9/20

@homedecor1

Not to discourage you but simply a heads up.

My mom has a very old NN down blanket, and it has been used for many years, still in great condition. Several years ago, she purchased another one, and the quality is not even close to her older original one. 

The material is not as nice, the thickness is much thinner, and the feathers leak out, where as the older one did not. 

Sad, but they have reduced the quality of their goods so much over the years, but then again, who hasn't?

Don't be surprised if you order one, and it doesn't measure up to an older one. Let us know what you think of the quality if you get one!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

thank you for the input.  They are not cheap $140 for queen (I think I deleted email). 

I bought a concierge from HSN alternative down blanket in blue for guest room.  I've washed it 20 times or more and it's still soft, filled & cozy.

I had a feeling the quality would be different as I ordered some NN sheets for my son & he said "not the same" as his sheets from a few years ago!  Guess I did spoil him! Lol

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  How does the down alternative compare with down in warmth?   I love my down but it's about shot.  It's been washed so many times it has gotten flat, no loft anymore.  Why are feathers so expensive? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I have one that's gotta be about 9 to 10yrs old & I've been dying to replace it.  It's flat with no loft left.  I've checked other websites and these are so darn expensive that I just didn't want to part with the $$.  I ordered one after I saw the Insider for September.  I will be hanging on to my old one until I see what the new one is like after it arrives.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

I had one from a couple of years ago, but don't use it. It makes kind of a "crackly" noise.  My friend has one on her guest bed and I notice the same noise with hers when I visit her.  Thus, though I like NN WD sheets, not a fan of their comforters.

Respected Contributor

I bought two about 14 years ago, time to replace. Saw that the Q does not have them anymore so, I bought one from Overstock and one from Tuesday Morning. They were about half the price and very nice. 

Trusted Contributor

That is great news. Blanket in SoCal are sufficient and I want a new one too! 

Honored Contributor

Before I bought a down blanket, I want to know how they obtain the down.  In the past it's not been animal friendly.  I wonder if the process has changed?