Respected Contributor

I just got a new 3 rack KitchenAid dishwasher last fall.  I've had to relearn how to load the dishwasher, but I like it.  It does a good job & is very quiet.  The middle rack is adjustable.

This is what the interior looks like:

KDTM404KPS KitchenAid 24" Top Control Dishwasher with FreeFlex Third Rack -  PrintShield Stainless Steel

Honored Contributor

We have a Miele. The third rack is for cutlery, cooking utensils, small lids or plates, etc. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I really like it.

At first I was being so careful about putting my items in, following instructions completely. Then our SA said she just throws them in together and they still come out clean. I tend to separate them more.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Lucky charm. Check the book that came with your dishwasher. I'm pretty sure those top rack is removable.

Respected Contributor

Wow. Looks really awesome. I love it.

Honored Contributor

Mine is a Kitchen Aid, also.  Middle rack is adjustable, too.  I like that the exterior is fingerprintless stainless steel and that the handle doesn't stick out, it's incorporated into the design of the door.

Honored Contributor

Our Bosch 3d rack will hold small coffee cups (not mugs), shallow small bowls, measuring cups etc.

We keep a stack of four small square bowls about 4" across and not very deep on the counter and we use them all the time for some fruit, a boiled egg, sauces, little snacks of nuts, etc.  And they fit great in this rack!  

So if you have that third rack, look for some small dishes, bowls that will fit.  I don't know what we did without these.  With that shallow rim, things don't slide around and fall out like on a small plate.

Respected Contributor

My DIL has the shallow 3rd top rack in her dishwasher and she loves it.  Great for washing baby/kids things like pacifiers, teethers, bottle rings, sippy cup lids, small bowls, little toys,  etc.

Honored Contributor

I just got a new GE dishwasher last week with the third rack. I specifically wanted this.

I love it!  I have always had to fish out small things that fell to the bottom of the unit, but no more.  I use that area every day.

Things that I put up there are lids from jars and water bottles.  Small condiment dishes, spatulas, and utensils that do not fit in the silverware container.

I am super happy with my purchase.

Respected Contributor

I have a Jenn Air dishwasher with the third rack. I like it and use it all the time.